Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTENTION: Everyone should read this.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by zach78k5, Feb 17, 2005.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

On Jan. 1 my 1985 Jimmy was stolen from in front of my house. It was found last week, and I was able to pick it up today, finally. Whoever stole my truck, swapped VIN tags with another blazer. They also put different plates on it, I assume from the same blazer. They removed all my GMC emblems and replaced them with chevrolet emblems. The stereo was taken and replaced, the speakers were taken, my tuffy console was taken, my locking tool box with all my tools was also taken. They took my gauge bezel and replaced it with another (not the right one). All in all, after 7 weeks without my car, I barely recognized it. I had to look at the engine to be sure. They even took my air cleaner and second battery (which was dead anyhow). All in all they didnt end up with much that would benefit them except my tools. The detective said they would switch these things around and then register the vehicle with the new plates, VIN, etc. He showed me another blazer that the same gang had stolen and totally stripped down to nothing. I dont know if it was anyone's on this site but it was nice. nice big tires, big lift, great looking truck overall. The guys also took my soft top and replaced it with a hard top.
    The reason I am letting everyone know is, it seems to me that the parts that were put into mine did not come from the other blazer that I spoke of. Someone is deffinetely targeting our trucks with the intention of either stripping them down, or keeping them for themselves. Mine was stolen from the Eastlake neighborhood in Seattle, and the recoveries have all been south of Sea-Tac, near des moines. If anyone has any info, let me know and I will get it to the detective. Most importantly keep and eye on your trucks. Do anything you can to keep these guys from being able to steal it.

2. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

HHMMM... maybe we should start posting wanted: VIN plate and title..
    then if anyone replies cross reference the #'s to the stolen vehicle #'s...

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey Zach, congrats on your retrieval. I remeber when you first posted the day after it was heisted - at least I think it was you.

If you need parts let me know, I don't have much but I'll give it to you if I do have something you need.

4. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

that is messed up man, I am glad to hear you got your rig back but sucks you had to go through all that, i have heard of that type of thing happening before, when mine was stolen they stripped the rims and tires stereo tool and box and put little tires on it and left it sitting under the viaduck it seattle wher it was ticketed several times before i was informed that it was there. man that sucked paying tickets for a truck being parked in seattle after it was stolen from my work in bellevue.:angry1::angry1::angry1:

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

they still made you apy for it? thats bull ****:mad: id be hella pissed off to