Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention Everyone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ok

Erum....

A notion has been brought to my attention before, but I didn't really believe it then, and I still don't, but I agreed to take responsibility for it regardless. After it being mentioned again tonight, and after an hour plus conversation with a man that does NOT mesh well with my personality (nothing against him), I thought I'd make a post.

I don't buy into any of this but....

It seems some people think I am a large influence on a lot of people on this BBS. It also seems some of you think me something more than I am. It seems some people think that because of these two things combined, I am miseducating you due to your.... Well I just am. I’m going to explain some things. The first two were what was taken issue with tonight.

SO

I am not a super commando. I own a pistol. I have a carry permit. I know how to run the thing. I have middling aim. I am not however a tactician. I am not trained formally. I have not killed anyone. I have not pulled on anyone. Do not construe my pondering on situations past as technical advice. Lean by yourself from proper sources.

I know a few things about firearms. I don't know everything. If I am not sure, I will acknowledge it. So pay attention.

Some things I say are OPINIONS. They will be marked so usually. If they aren't, judge for yourself. Pay attention. Don't take everything I say as fact.

I can't take the time to explain myself completely at every turn. I assume you can think for yourself. If I come off odd, offensive, angry, stupid, sarcastic, or rude, try and rationalize it. If I’ve been bitter and cold lately, I’m probably being an ass. If not, ignore it.

I am strange. Keep that in mind. I am very rarely literal. I am very rarely serious. I am an artist, not a technician. I am a dreamer, not a student.

I am never angry with you. Unless you're an ass, in which case you probably won't care how I feel.

My head is completely and totally broken. If you could sit across from me for a straight hour with all rules of decorum removed, I don't know what would happen, but it would be very very life changing.

I have very bad memory in a lot of things, though good memory in others. If I have forgotten something and it offends you, I am sorry.

Try VERY hard not to confuse my art with my life. I am struggling with the very real problem of not succumbing to the mad dreams in my head, you shouldn't be. It’s a vicious, hateful thing, inverted against its base beauty.

I try to be humble and with humility at all times. I am also very sensitive. Keep in mind that absent things you say can make me go bleak for a while and make me cry in a dark corner. This is why I am never angry. This is the downside OF never being angry. It may be odd to you to consider Internet dealings serious, but I do. Some people (some recently banned people) needed to be different people online. I don’t. You shouldn’t.

If I ask questions about something, it may seem like I am arguing. I'm not. I just want to know you and your experience. Experience translates to art. This is why I'm sometimes called anti religion. I'm not, I'm agnostic. Your religion may be a text of facts, but mine is art.

I don’t know if I’m a hero to you as some have said. I don’t know if you follow me like sheep in a conscious or unconscious way, as some have said. I don’t know what you think of me. I’d like to think you like me. I’m sure you do. I think I am a good and decent person. I think I am a good example. If you decide to follow me, truly follow me, not my persona as you take it.

I have resisted being silly for 12 points. Canmore has a selfly admitted tiny wang. Stave beats off too much. Canmore said he loved me on more than one occasion. Drey thinks tailgates are the hot off road item. My favorite slang for male genitals is wang. My favorite slang for self-gratification is beating off. I drink blood.

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

2. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

preaching to the choir?

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I assume your secret admirer knows little about you. My impression of your posts are a mix satire and ebullience.

It's obvious something has been on your mind lately, a splinter in the mind's eye. You have been more agitated & critical than usual, might have pushed someone's button.

Don't they know your just a cuddly ICHI bear.

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

All machoism aside, if you need someone to talk to, or a shoulder to lean on, you know where we are!

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I'm guessing this person (these people) must not know you very well. I will have to admit that when I was a newbie I didn't care for you, but only because I didn't understand you or know your personnality. Now that I have been here a while and I know your personality better, and I know who you are and what you do, there isn't a post you make that goes unread. Me and my girlfriend find it humurous, and sometimes "wow, I never thought of it like that, but he's right!" when reading your post.

We all love you RJ.

And I have a small wang too, but I don't have time to beat it much.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like the way RJ comes off. Alittle confucing sometimes, but he gets ya thinking.

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

RJ, as far as I'm concerned, no need to explain yourself. Reality is way overrated, take a walk on the other side once in a while. Some folks live vicarously through others' words, so let it be and keep on being yourself. If you can't please yourself, you're never gonna be happy with anyone else.

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Hi RJ, this is Big Pappa B's wife, yeah, I read a few threads on here sometimes, heh, and actually, I usually do read a thread that you posted if I happen to see it just because I find what you have to say interesting and intriguing. But anyway, read this post of yours and wanted to comment...

Just wanted to let you know that even from the first few posts I read of yours, I knew you were just a thinker (as I call it), a lot like my brother actually. So there was never any misunderstandings of your posts from this gal. ;) I just thought I would let you know. Just keep being yourself RJ, there aren't many deep thinkers out there like you and some of us enjoy learning/observing from someone who is so different rather than just someone who is just like everyone else. :)

Westy

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I think #5 pretty much hits it right on the head. But I mean that in the most touchy feely sort of way of course........ :D Here's one of my favorite poems by the way for ya:

We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. Wandering by lone sea breakers, And sitting by desolate streams. World losers and world forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams. Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world for ever, it seems. With wonderful deathless ditties, We build up the worlds cities. And out of a fabulous story, We fashion an empire's glory: One man with a dream, at pleasure, Shall go forth and conquer a crown; And three with a new songs measure, Can trample an empire down.

Ode, by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Aw common dude, i enjoy your storeis and riddles, i think some of them are damn funny . :D Couldnt be any worse than my " Single people have dirty backs" joke , :haha: , just hang out man. :thumb: :saweet:

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't recall having an hour conversation with you, so I know this isn't because of me or that I'm the guy with the problem with you (you should already know I do not), although I'm sure some have already assumed that... But I'm laughing that you used a term that I thought I pretty much said to you last week or so...

And I just remembered, you still haven't replied to my pm of earlier this week. :D :D

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So has Tim registered a new screen name and sending you love letters? :confused:

13. unclematty

It's been almost a year that I've been here, and I thought I had RJ pegged but a couple of months ago Rj started acting and saying strange (for him) things I knew something was going on but couldn't get him to open up. So, I know whatever happened had to be fairly difficult for him.

(sorry to talk about ya in the 3rd person)

14. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

If this is some crazy sheme you have cooked up, to try and get into my pants..

I have to tell you, .... it's working.

:haha: :screwy: :rotfl: :woot: :whistle: :yikes: :haha: :rotfl:

:thumb:

15. unclematty

:haha: :haha: :haha: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: too funny

16. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Hi RJ..

you're a good guy in my book. I was bummed our last discussion got locked, as a matter of fact.

Your point # 10 about being sensitive struck a nerve.. Thought for a minute I was reading about myself. Life is always more intense and difficult when you lead with your heart, and it's worse on the days we pretend we don't.

Anyway, sorry you felt pushed to the point of having to explain your thinking process, and the hows / whys of the way you interact with the world.

Tom

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

RJ you rock ass dont ever change

18. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

RJ,

I'd like to say that I've always enjoyed reading your comments. I never take much of what most people say to seriously, even after I've come to know them personally. I won't pretend to state that I "know" you, but I do enjoy your words. You tend to look at things from a perspective much different than I. I value this as I cannot know everything (ask wife :D ), I try to become educated from all sources.

If you have things your are personally dealing with, I wish you the very best. I hope we have the luxury of having you post around here for years to come. Fresh/alternative perspectives are what enhances learning and creativity. Thanks for helping me learn :waytogo:

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I don't care what they say about you RJ, you're OK by me. :D

20. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Just so you don't get a big ole head n stuff Rj, I think you're a big ole meany who can't seem to rub two brain cells together.

So there. Nanner, nanner, boo, boo. :p: :crazy:

Oh by the way, you're a bit ecclectic but fun in a weird, weird way. :)