Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention Husky tool owners

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by bdozeraz, May 16, 2006.

1. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

If you own husky tools they are only guaranteed if you retain the original receipt. I tried to exchange a husky ratchet at Home Depot and they would not do it with out the original receipt. They told me the tools were guaranteed by the manufacturer not them. I called Husky tools customer service and they also told me under the conditions of the warantee I must have the original receipt. They said I could ship it to them and they would repair it at there discretion and may or may not charge me, plus I had to pay for shipping. I told them I am going to throw it in the trash and go to Sears and buy a replacement because Sears honors their warrantee.:mad:

Brent

2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Good to know, now I need to find/keep track of my reciepts.

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Strange...I had two deep sockets that split up the side. I went to home depot, they said I had to go through Husky. I called them up, told them part number off of the sockets and they said okay, they will go out today:D They didnt want proof or my old sockets or anything

Few days later, I had two brand new sockets, no questions asked, no receipts, no shipping, etc.

Guess I got lucky:laugh:

4. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Thats why I always by either craftsman or matco.

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

chaa craftsman.. I feel like a thief after walking out of there.... :haha:

walk in.. put dirty broken tool next to a clean shiney one.... line them up..... they take the crappy broken ones and give me perdy shiney new tools :bow:

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

THat sucks. Its good to know, but if anything breaks I don't have any reciepts. Home Depot is about 2 miles from my house so I end up there by default. i have a bucket of stuff to bring back to sears right now.

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Although it seems to me the ratchets they are making now are junk. I have a ratchet that belonged to my dad that just feels like its better quality than some of the newer ones. But it's lifetime warranty and no reciept

Side not:I heard that Home Depot owns Rigid and all of the rigid line now has a life time warranty too.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, I agree on the ratchets. I hate to bring the old ones back. I have had 2 go bad in the last year or so.

9. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

When I took my dads back they just replace the insides of it don't give it up the repaired it right there took 5 min.

10. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Agreed on the ratchets, although the local Sears replaces any broken Craftsman tool with a smile, the base ratchets are kind of junky these days. I replaced my standard craftsman ratchets with a set of 1/4, /3/8, and 1/2 craftsman pro full polish ($60 for the set of three), and haven't broke one yet. I suspect that they have that #44803 ratchet set so people can upgrade the weakest link in the craftsman socket sets...

Snap-on or Mac they aren't, but neither is the price in the same zip code.

11. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have a husky ratchet, ive taken it in once and the lady wanted a receipt, which i didn't have. then the manager comes over looks at it and says to get another one. ive gotten a few more replaced since then with no reciepts. the last time i went in and Home depot doesn't stock my ratched anymore, so they gave my the number to husky and it went to stanley tools. sent one to me and told me to threw the old one away.

12. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

the lady tried to give me some crap about going through husky and all that when i broke a ratchet. didn't say anything about a reciept though. I walked over to the tool section, grabbed one off the shelf, walked back over and showed her the package: it said right on there to just bring it back to any home depot and get a replacement. so she gave it to me, but wasn't happy about it...

13. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my ratch they no longer carried anymore seperately, you can get it in a kit. thats why i had to go threw husky. i went to two different stores and neither carried it.

14. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I was told Dewalt makes Rigid for home depot

15. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

hummmmm dont know about that^ they look compleatly different

but as far as the ratchets, tools etc. you make a stink if the return person is dumb, you will get your tools.

16. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah they do look diferent . That's just what a freind of mine who works there told me I have a Rigid Screw Gun it works great

17. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

http://huskytools.com/husky/faq.html

18. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I remember when Husky first came along at Home Depot, they had a wooden 'coffin' with a plexiglass top, full of broken Craftsman, Snap-on, etc. tools. There was a sign that they would take any broken 'lifetime warranteed' tool, whatever brand, and exchange it for a Husky. Guess those days are over. I have no idea why someone would trade in a Snap-on for a Husky.

19. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

Thats what I told the person at home depot and when I called Husky customer service. I said you guys were trying to compete with craftsman and claiming you have the same warrentee but they still insisted I had to have a reciept under the terms of the warrentee.

Just the fact that I had to try and argue about it is enough for me to go back to craftsman. I am not going to give them my business if they are going to hassle me.

Brent

20. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

I think matco & gear ratchet have the best ratio of cost-to-returns as far as ratchets go (I really like the gearratchet set for doing serp. belts, cuts my time in a third doing a lot of them). I more or less gave up craftsman ratchets after breaking 4 flex-head 3/8" drive ratchets within a month (all without resorting to a breaker bar, and I only weigh about 150 lbs).

I like snap-on ratchets, and for some items they are the only way to go (I couldn't live or wrench without my snappy rapid ratchet and swivel 3/8"). Unfortunately in my area the snap-on rep is a dickhead and really tries to drive the screw hard (wednesday I tried to get a locking 1/2" drive long handle ratchet - something I naively expected him to have on the truck - and he told me it would be 5 weeks before I could get it WTF?) sometimes he needs reminding that snap-on isn't the only tool truck that comes to the shop I work at.