Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention married/long-term-relationship guys...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> So, basically what this comes down to is that MY WIFE NEEDS SOME FEMALE FREINDS! We've been together for almost 7 years now, married for 4 months, and over the past few years all of her freinds have dropped off the planet. She was getting all domestic with me and they were still into going clubbing every night, so I think she just kind of outgrew them. The problem is that she never really made any other freinds except for my friend's wives and girlfreinds, which is cool except that my wife is a girly girl and they aren't, so they don't have much in common. Not to mention that all of my freinds have moved out to the valley anyways so it's a 90 minute drive to go visit them... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

So what this means to me is that the only person she has to hang out with is me. Now, being that she's a girly girl and I'm a manly-man you can see my dilemma. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my wife, but sometimes I just need my man-time! Hard to do when "Labor and Delivery" is on TV and your wife is doing her toenails or something, but doesn't want you to go out to the man-space because she's lonely. Not only that, but I think she misses having girlfreinds to talk to. Maybe that's a good thing, since when women get together the subject invariably turns to the same subject, from what I hear./forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Hmmm, I'm not sure that there is a point to this post so far...

OK, so I guess I'll actually make a point here - do any of your wives have the same problem? I think that maybe she just doesn't put the effort into finding new freinds, but then again, I still have most of the same freinds that I had in high school (been awhile snice high school for me...), so it's not like I'm out there making freinds either. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

This should probably go into chit chat, but chit chat isn't really my cup of tea when it comes to posting stuff about my personal life. Sorry for the long post, just feelin a bit talkative today I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif</font color>

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Same problem here.. But I grew up here in Hollister.. My wife grew up in the Bay area.. She is slowly making more friends.. But she doesn't really like to go out to clubs are anything.. Just go out.. And I would rather stay home and work on something. And if I ask her to help me with something the first thing out of her mothis am I going to get dirty..LOL

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, we live in the same town that she grew up in, so no problem there. As for me, I'm not worried about friends, I can name all one of them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'm such a rotten a**hole that I figure I might as well keep the one I got so I don't have to go hunting again. As for man time/woman time, I never have a problem. We usually do something everyso often, but I get my time and she respects that.

The problem I'm going to have is when it comes time to pack the stuff and move to a more wholesome enviroment. Outside of the two times I took her to OK and once to AZ, she's never been anywhere and is tight with her family.

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well, Rita has a bit of the smae problems. She is mature beyond her years and finds the "clubbin" and "hookin' up" that alot of her peers are doing is lame and unproductive. She wheels with me, helps around the garage, but also finds that having mature girlfriends to be non-existant. this problem is further compunded by the fact that she is 20 and already has "outgrown" the party scene (we did out partying while she was still a teenager and i was much dumber)

Usually, the gals all gather around when we go out to hollister and swap stories and gossip. Try to get the misses out there just to meet the other ladies of the group.

hope i helped...

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, that's actually one of the reasons that I'm looking forward to going out with the group on a trip. My wife is actually kind of looking forward to it too since I have told her how cool all you guys are. </font color>

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Yeah bring her on, she should enjoy it.
    My sister went with me this week end to Pismo, and she had a blast, and she said RITA is awsome, by the way they are the same age 20.
    Thanks for the trip guys.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I'm with Zakk and Iceman. My girlfriend (Lory) had a much better time with us this week end than she thought. She got to hang out with the two Ritas and everyone else made her feel accepted! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    So she was happy that everyone was great to her and most the guys/gals remembered her name /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

She too, kinda grew out of her friends. Not necessarily b/c of maturity but just interest! Some of the people that we grew up will be flippin' their wiggs when they find out what Lory and I have been up to! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif! This site and club is the shiiiiizzzznniiiit!