Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention snowboarders and skiiers!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MilpitasK5, Nov 22, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Do any of you have a Con-ferr safari rack or any safari rack with square tubing in general?

I wanna mount a snowboard rack up on my con-ferr and it looks like it will be months before I could get the bracket from con-ferr. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone have any other alternatives for me? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

If any of you have pics of what you've done, that'd be great!

Thanks,

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Build it!

I have been looking at my friends rack that goes into the trailer hitch. It looks REALLY cheezy!

It looks SO bad, like it will break and fall apart. However, it has survived with over 300 lbs on it.

It's really a simple little 5 x 2 using some angle iron and chicken wire as the bottom.

I plan on doing that and using some type of Snowboard clamps to hold my snowboards upright.

Good luck.

3. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

That's what I was thinking! I'm not very artistic though. I need someone to show me what to make. All I need is a bracket that will attach a Yakima snowboard/ski rack to the side of my con-ferr. Kinda like what they offer, just home made.

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I am not very artistic myself. However, I have a welder and some steel. I need to get the chicken wire though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I figure I will make it do double duty. I will make it to hold an icechest or a box (stock looking one) that I can slap on for when I go camping or wheeling. Then I will add on (somehow) some simple clamps, maybe make them lockable so I can feel safe that my boards will still be there when I go into a store and such.

I MIGHT buy a used on from the local "PennySaver" or paper. Even though it doesn't fit my truck, I can weld it on and use the mount and locking mechanism.

Good luck.

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Yakima now has adpaters to mount their ski/ snowboard carriers to other racks like thule which uses square tube cross bars. These might work for you.