Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jan 8, 2007.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Does anyone really think that this does any good on an e-mail. Our company just started putting this at the bottom of every e-mail.
    Of course I'm the only one who thinks that maybe, just maybe, the contents of the e-mail have been subject to "review" before anyone reads the warning at all.:rolleyes:

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

As a company, we were required to put similar text in our e-mails as part of the ISO 9001 requirements. It was just part of the BS that is ISO.:D :D

No, it doesn't do any good.:haha:

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

We just did our audit to get bumped to ISO 14001(?).

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I laugh at these. Espeically the poory implemented ones, where when you pass a few mails back and forth with a person who's bad mail system keeps tagging it on the end, (the software should recognize it's a reply to a reply and that it's already contained within the mail), and after a few passed replies back and forth, the mail is basically unreadable because this huge usless block is taking up the 6 pages of what should be a 1 page email.

They don't hold up in court (in Michigan anyway). If it came to you, your are the intended recipient. Computers don't make mistakes, people do. If you fatfingered the email address, that's your fault, not the MTA's fault. It's not like snail mail where there's a possiblity the mail carrier could put your neighbors mail in your box. There's no possibility of that with computers, and as such, if it's in your email box, you are the inteded reciepient, reguardless of whether the sender "intended" for you to recieve that mail or not. I'm not a mind reader!

There was a case a while back here in Michigan where Ford sued a guy becuase he sold some sensative information to the media, and he was not the "intended" recipient of the email the information was in, and it had the big legal disclaimer..

Well, Ford lost, court ruled if it's in the guys box, he was the intended recipient, hows the guy supposed to know if he was the intended person or not.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ours has that fun feature of continuously tagging it on at the end. I typically e-mail my wife several times a day (never notice how many until now) and it is really silly to have 25 warnings at the end.