Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTICA, INDIANA Run- June 21st thru 23rd

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thebigdaddyof2, Jun 17, 2002.

1. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Anyone interested in an Attica run this weekend? I have a small group gathered and planning to camp (8 miles away) at Attica. The more K5s the better. Be sure to call the campground and reserve a spot. Regina says they WILL sell out...
    http://www.badlandsoffroad.com
    todd

2. thebigdaddyof2

This post would be perfect for the Midwest Forum....

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

DAMN! I would love to be there... except that the rear axle in my truck is nearly relocated, and I still need to have my driveshafts cut! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Parts coming:

* ORD Zero Rates for the rear axle (1.5" offset!)
    * ORD greaseable rear spring bushings
    * BorregoK5's shackle flips

After all that is installed, I will take measurements and have shafts cut sometime early next week. Damn! I missed you by a few days Todd! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Let me know the next trip you plan! I'll be there for sure then!

Thanks for posting this up Todd!

-Dan

4. thebigdaddyof2

Dan,
    Too bad your rig is down. You could catch a ride with one of us if you were to drive down. Be sure to post about those shackle flip brackets. I almost bought a set but I may have another "home brew" idea for a shackle flip in the works. later,

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Thx for the offer Todd, but the wife is having our fourth baby here within the next 10 days! Latest is next Wednesday, she is scheduled to be induced. As much as I think going to Attica would rock, I don't have the balls to gamble THAT much... I would NEVER hear the end of wheelin a few hundred miles away while the wife is back home having our 4th child! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Thx again anyways!

-Dan

6. buick528

buick528 Registered Member

would this be a good run for a first timer? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. thebigdaddyof2

Sure,
    The thing about Attica is that there is all types of terrain and all levels of wheelin'. Besides, if your wheelin' with us and get hung up, we won't leave ya for dead!
    The group that's goin' as of yet is (1) YJ, (1) Cherokee, (1) Landcruiser, (1) Suburban, My K5 and maybe one other K5. Come on, more K5 support needed!

8. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I'd love to go, but my truck is smashed up right know. When it gets fixed I will defiently go.(see ya next year!) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

The Suburban wont be able to go no where near the same places as the rest of the group. Because of the Badland rules on wheelbase. Sorry to say, but the Suburban will really be holding up the group from all the good stuff.

Ken H.

10. thebigdaddyof2

Ken,
    Yeah, I heard about the damn wheelbase rules at the Badlands. My buddy Shagz tricked out a Burb's suspension and he likes to see where he can put it. He will probably park it after a little while and jump in with me.
    Fortunately, he has his eye on a few K5s around town. This will probably be the last trip for the Burb....he'll strip off all the goodies and put it back to stock- soon after this trip.

11. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Be on cb channel 4

NITRO

12. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

This turned out to be a great trip...thanks to all who helped organize it. now.......time for clean up /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

NITRO