Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTICA, INDIANA Run- June 21st thru 23rd

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thebigdaddyof2, Jun 17, 2002.

1. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Anyone interested in an Attica run this weekend? I have a small group gathered and planning to camp (8 miles away) at Attica. The more K5s the better. Be sure to call the campground and reserve a spot. Regina says they WILL sell out......
    http://www.badlandsoffroad.com
    todd

2. thebigdaddyof2

This post would be perfect for the MidWest Forum -
    hint, hint Steve...

3. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Hey, I will be there. Oh, you already know that. I will be there in my 90 Jimmy and with about 30+ Max & Argo 6x6 atvs.

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

count me in, i live there /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Ill prolly have my 79 K5 and mayb bring some friends with 4-wheelers. pm me with all the details plz. thanx

NITRO

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

its supposed to rain, but im still in. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

NITRO

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I dont think Ill be able to make it due to the short notice, but Ill see what I can do. Ill let you know for sure in the next couple of days if im going.
    Tyler

7. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Rain is good. Rain = mud. Mud is fun.

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Boy, you are just the hotshot of the parking lot now aren't you? I wish my stuff wasnt trashed, or I would take the K5. Awaiting weather at the moment, if miss Pam can go Im in! (literally) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

ok, heres the deal. i love mud and water. i just got to thinkin and whenever i go into water, it is gonna suck my fan towards my radiator. this isnt good. plus im runnin an open element. now dont get me wrong, i went inot hood deep water with my open element bfore, but dont wanna try it again. so ill b there, but nothin over my head. BTW, who is runnin half-ton gear? im runnin stock suspension and 31"s at the moment. and ive done about everything there. dont b scared of the heeps, just run em over. Also, the mud is mostly sand and pea gravel so lub everything real well to keep the nasty [censored] out. thats all i can think of at the moment.

NITRO

10. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't got the tires for it. Got street tires that are alomost bald as it is!! But will go when I get some tires!!

11. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

dude just go. i do burnouts all the time and mine still hold strong, not to mention the sidewall dryrought /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

NITRO

12. thebigdaddyof2

AHHHHHHH!....Troy, I hope the entire park isn't overrun with those 6 wheeler ATVs! j/k

(said drawn out....) Come - On Tyler.....wipe the cobwebs off that K5 and get your ass to Attica! You did build it for gettin' off the pavement once in a while didn't you? You don't need those 3/4 ton axles for gettin' groceries...

Neil, you know that the Mudzer Machine could and would be ready with very little effort.....it's up to you..... or maybe the other head is in charge? j/k

Come on, we need more K5 support....

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Awww...if mine was only together NOW!!

You guys should come to Hank's 4x4 Jamboree in Mendota, Illinois in August though. It's our local 4x4 show and it's a blast for two days. If you're not gonna be in your truck on Saturday (they do the truck pulls and back to backs) you just watch and get sloshed all day, it's a great time!

14. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Just dont want to duplicate my efforts before next weekend's Doubler install. I am having Steve Frisbie set up my 4.56's and Detroit in a spare housing I have - much easier swap. So, I am going to hold off and go play in two weeks or so! If the Pop-Right wasnt so trashed, I think with my one good head and go! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

15. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Todd,
    Don't worry about us 6 wheelers. We come in handy when you get stuck in the mud. We can just ride out to you and hook up the tow straps so no one has to get muddy.

I am picking up my Jimmy today so hopefully I can get enough miles on the engine before the ride. I want to take it off road, but need to take it easy. New engine and dont want to break anything and have to walk back to Missouri.

We plan on leaving St. Louis around 1:30 pm on Friday. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and ride up there together around that time.

16. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

the weather is now supposed to be 85 and sunny. so be prepared. btw, i like the whole 6 wheeler idea, just dont get caught while in the truck part of the park. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

NITRO

17. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I have access to all parts of the park except the rock quarry. Sometimes the owner will let us go there also.

18. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Hey, does n e one have an extra starter that they would want to trade for a york compressor, or does n e one wanna buy a york? ill prolly bring it with me if ne one is interested, and u can see how mine is set up on my truck

NITRO

19. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

If n e one has a cb, i will b on channel four and plan on arriving between7-9 a.m. saturday morning. hope to see u all there. who all is driving what? what colors? lift? tires?

NITRO