Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attitude of most heep owners

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, I LOVE wheeling, weather it be real life or jut web weeling. I LOVE almost everything about it. What I could do without is the attitude of most heep owners. The way they act like they are better then everybody else !!!!!!!! That if you drive somethinng other then a heep, then you're a poser, a chump, a loser. Anyone else run into that problem ???

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Im friends with some jeep guys and dont really have that problem. The cockiest 4 wheel drive guy i know drives a Toy. But i think its mostly an ignorence thing. If they wheeled hard enough they eventually turn into a jeep body Blazer. 107" wheelbase, 14blt/60, sb350, th400. You know how it goes. Just nod your head and smile, knowing you can spank them on the trail (as long as you dont care about sheet metal (sp?).

3. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

some times I noticed the rock krawlin crowd in general kinda looks down on the guys who mud and sand wheel. Our side of the coin is big tires and big power Guys in my club Can't understand why any one would lift any thing more than six inches but for the most part were all in the same boat the tree huggers are trying to take my wheeling spots to /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I have had run ins wiht Heep owners, too. they are either really nice (dogman) or arse holes (TTC 2000 Black Heep on 37's)

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

That is the one reason I have not joined the local 4wd club. Most people drive XJ's and have no remorse about saying Chevy's suck straight to my face. I don't care what they think about Chevy's but the big issue is you need to respect what everyone else prefers.

I don't go around saying Jeeps Suck! Thats just common knowledge. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. yellowK20

Kinda funny how jeep guys will say that chevy sucks .Hey what's the most popular engine swap for jeeps again???? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was > < that close to buying/building an XJ. Then a guy i work with put his Blazer up for sale and i couldn't resist.

Should i be telling this to you people or should i just break out the anal ease right now?

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I havnt run into that problem here too bad. Everybody seems pretty cool about it. I have to hear about the Ford vs. Chevy thing more. Telling them that I could give a rats a$$ about what another person drives doesnt seem to work either. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thats why I didn't join the local 4x4 club. Way to much Heep attituded for my liking.

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I owned an XJ before I bought the K5. The XJ was great for a get around town vehicle.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I've met some nice Jeepers, and some assholes. I've also met some nice Chevy guys, and some assholes. I've also met some nice Dodge guys, and some assholes. I've also met some nice Toyota guys, and some assholes. Are you getting the picture? Personally I think that people who stereotype an entire group of people as jerks are the real assholes. I just want to go wheel, and I really don't care what you drive, so long as you're a nice guy. However, if you want me to help wrench on your junk, you better own a Chevy or be a real good friend. Or have beer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    That is the one reason I have not joined the local 4wd club. Most people drive XJ's and have no remorse about saying Chevy's suck straight to my face.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I know how you feel, here in Santa Barbara, there is no where local to wheel, but i did some searching and found a 4x4 club, but they were all heep owners and when the main guy introduced my , he was like "This is Branndon, he drives the full size Chevy in the parking lot (i got the biggest truck in that group /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif) The people kinda snickered at that, but i thought i'd give them a try, i went on a trip with them and found out they were jokes, and the funny part was when i decided to leave my truck at camp, i had to ride around in a furd f150 that was in the group with no mods but more agressive tires and we got stuck and the guys were racist cause there were some hispanic people with mexican flags, and these guys were yelling out "beener" and "freaks" and other stuff, i left the trip a day early and never talked to them again! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

13. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

in theory i agree Evan, but IMVHO, there seem to be a disporportionate number he Heep jack arses.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That may be true, although I have to say that I've met an awful lot of assholes and posers that were driving Chevys. If you want to count all the late model Chevys at Pismo then I've met way more assholes and posers in Chevys than in Jeeps.

In any case, if someone is giving you a hard time and telling you your truck sucks, just tell them to go ahead and follow you and find out who the poser is. That is, if you really think that your truck is better than their Jeep. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They'll be alot nicer by the end of the trail. </font color>

15. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

You know, that is one of the fun things about my local 4WD club. There are probably more fullsizes than Jeeps. I agree with many that I have run into as many Jeep Jerks as non-Jeep Jerks. Locally I see more of the bias between fullsizes and non-fullsizes (incl. toys, jeeps, etc).

My club has toys and jeeps, but plenty of full sizes, too. Fun thing is razzin' each other and then helping pull each other out when on the trail. But if a full size ever gets pulled out by a heep, the razzin never stops!

16. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

In any case, if someone is giving you a hard time and telling you your truck sucks, just tell them to go ahead and follow you and find out who the poser is. That is, if you really think that your truck is better than their Jeep

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, just charge them everytime you have to get them unstuck.

17. yellowK20

Very true last 4th of july I was at elephant butte lake here in new mexico this dork in a 2002 jeep with a lift and 33" baja claws told me my k10 on 35" bfg-mt's could 't keep up with his jeep So we played follow the leader ..... he got stuck before I even had to use 4 wheel drive /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. GMslave

GMslave 1/2 ton status

I've always found an invitation to play tug-of-war with A-hole Jeep mouths seems to shut them up quick.

19. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

About 75% of the rigs in my club are jeeps of some sort and everyone gets along great. We never really have any problems about full size vs jeep, etc cause we're just happy to have someone to pull us out when we're stuck, reguardless of the vehicle type.

I have had a couple bad experiences with prejudice wheelers. I was wheeling with a friends club and one guy actually spotted me into some major body damage and then gave me crap about wheeling a full size on jeep trails. That got him kicked out of the club. Another one was a guy in a built TJ on the road... I waved to him and he gave me the finger! Everyone with a built rig around here waves to everyone else, doesnt matter what kind of rig it is, so I was kinda suprised.

It takes all kinds of people to make the world spin, unfortunately that means the a-holes too. If everyone ignores em eventually they go away.

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was wheeling with a friends club and one guy actually spotted me into some major body damage and then gave me crap about wheeling a full size on jeep trails.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had that happen last year. The spotter was our club prez (maybe vice prez...) and I'm sure he thought I could make it past that tree...he did apologize later.

80% of our club is Jeep, mostly XJ's, a few toys and 2 or 3 fullsize rigs including one Hummer on 38.5" SX's. For the most part the ribbing is good natured and a lot of comments stem from genuine curiosity. They've never wheeled something that big...

It isn't human nature for everyone to get along with everyone... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene