Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN : 42'S ON RECENTERED HUMMER WHEELS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, Jun 10, 2003.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

ATTN : 42\'S ON RECENTERED HUMMER WHEELS

I have a favor to ask please, can someone take some measurements from a 42" tire on a Hummer wheel please?

I need to know the overall mounted/inflated width of the combo from sidewall to sidewall.

I also the distance from the fattest point of the inner sidewall to the rim center piece. Ideally, I would like this measurement from a wheel with a 4" backspacing but anything will do.

**Please state your rims backspacing if other than 4"**

In case you're wondering about this odd request, I need this info for a tire carrier. THANKS!!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: ATTN : 42\'S ON RECENTERED HUMMER WHEELS

<font color="green"> Well well well, I just so happen to have 4 42s on recentered Hummer wheels with 3.75" of BS in my garage right now... I'll measure tonight when I get home. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Mmmm, Hummer wheels 'n 42s....

[​IMG] </font>

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

When is your truck going to be mobile with the 42s???

Your rims and tires look awesome. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I hate making predictions on this stuff, but the ultimate goal is to make it to Blazerfest on June 27-29. I'm planning on painting it this weekend, then I'll get all the trim put back on next week. So the best answer I can give you is "soon". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It's been a daily after-work and weekend project for about 6 weeks now, and a weekend thing for about a year prior to that. Many many hours and dollars spent on it so I'm getting pretty darn anxious.</font>

5. nvrenuf

Cool! YOU are the man!!

THANKS! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Many many hours and dollars spent on it so I'm getting pretty darn anxious.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine, I think I remeber in one of your post you said it has been over two years since you've had it on the trail. I think all your hard work and patience is paying off by the post and pics I've read and seen on your truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

7. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, 2 years.... Or maybe slightly over... I'm just all excited because I get to ride in it on it's maiden voyage, or push if it blows up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> I hate making predictions on this stuff, but the ultimate goal is to make it to Blazerfest on June 27-29. I'm planning on painting it this weekend, then I'll get all the trim put back on next week. So the best answer I can give you is "soon". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It's been a daily after-work and weekend project for about 6 weeks now, and a weekend thing for about a year prior to that. Many many hours and dollars spent on it so I'm getting pretty darn anxious.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaggy,

Just make sure you are a part of one of the "Hollister Caravans" so that if there are any gremlins during it's initial shakedown, there will be a fellow CK5'er to help out....

I hear that being part of a caravan helps "raffle karma" too!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a favor to ask please, can someone take some measurements from a 42" tire on a Hummer wheel please?

I need to know the overall mounted/inflated width of the combo from sidewall to sidewall.

I also the distance from the fattest point of the inner sidewall to the rim center piece. Ideally, I would like this measurement from a wheel with a 4" backspacing but anything will do.

**Please state your rims backspacing if other than 4"**

In case you're wondering about this odd request, I need this info for a tire carrier. THANKS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> 14.5" and 6.125" are the measurements.

As for what I said about the truck being done in a couple of weeks, that changed this afternoon. I've come to the conclusion that the truck won't be done for BF, there's just too much still left to do. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif</font>

10. nvrenuf

Shaggy, THANKS for taking the time to measure the tires for me! I really appreciate it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sorry to hear the truck wont be ready for BF. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Don't worry, when it's done it will all be worth it - that should be one sweet ride!

11. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Those Hummer wheels look sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Are those centers from USA6x6?

12. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kno2w exactly how you feel /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Those Hummer wheels look sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Are those centers from USA6x6?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Yep, USA6x6 did the work on them too. </font>