Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN 73-86 BLAZER OWNERS, HUMOR ME WITH A POLL/OPINIONS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Jun 4, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

WHAT STYLE DO U LIKE BETTER, THE REAR PASSENGER SIDE SEAT RELEASE OF THE EARLY 70'S BLAZERS OR THE SIDE STYLE REALEASE OF THE LATER ONES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I have a rear seat release? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Are you referring to the way you access the back seat? Older models have a tilt bucket, while newer models(86 and up I believe) have a passenger seat that both slides and folds forward to allow passengers in.

If so, I'd die to have the seats out of an 86 and up. The buckets in my 84 don't recline and getting a kids car seat out between the door pillar and the tilting passenger bucket plays havoc with my back....... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

well in accessing the rear seat on my old 79 jimmy (know my twin ownes it) there isa side release. on my middle brothers 81 he has the rear release. I perfer the side.

6. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Since I have owned a 71, 72, 75, 77, 79, and 83 I prefer the side release style. Only my 72 was the old style seat release but my 79 and 83 are the side release. I like the side release but wish it would fold in half forward also as well as flip. Thats what aftermarkets for right.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I prefer another door....its called a burb /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I must be the only one who likes my flip-up rear release seat. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I prefer another door....its called a burb /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer keeping my rig under 3 tons /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Actually I have yet to even install my rear seat...or the bed for that matter /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif