Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn 79Stomper!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, Aug 31, 2004.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

What size spare do you have in this pic?

[​IMG]

I'm curious as to what it's going to be like with a 42 strapped to my butt. Has the lack of "rear view" been an issue for you? I know rear window visibility has to be just about zero but how much backwards trail riding do we do anyway, right? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BTW - Looking GOOD!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif When you getting those bigger shoes?

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That was a 15x40x15 Ground Hawg on the back at that time. Was a spare for sapper who didn't have room in his truck. It had a little bit of a slant to the rear on it with it on there but nothing too out of whack.

Lack of rear view hasn't really bothered me. I have learned to use my side mirrors very well. Something I will miss when I go to the chopped up doors for the trail.

Bigger shoes will be on soon. I am working on the 3/4 ton axles right now and have the 15x12 rims so shopping for some 40's and a detroit and will be able to put it all together when I get back from CA in November.

Everything WILL be done before the EAST COAST BLAZER BASH

Thanks
    James

3. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    Everything WILL be done before the EAST COAST BLAZER BASH

[/ QUOTE ]

SWEET!! I hope to have mine together in time, hopefully I'll be able to beg/borrow/steal a trailer to get it there. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

When you mentioned the "slant" you're talking about the rear of the K5 sagging, right? I talked to Daniel and a couple of others and it seems that people running a full size rear mounted spare typically have 3" +/- more lift in the rear. Do you have more lift in the rear than the front?

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I said slant I was referring to the tire carrier tilting back. I have 7" in the rear and 6 in the front and still have a slight sag, but when I do the axles swap I am going to have like 9 in the rear and 7 in the front with a set of zero rates and a shackle flip in the rear and move the axles forward/rear 1.5 inches. If you have problems finding a trailer let me know. We have one on the farm up outside of Montgoemry I sure you could borrow. We use it for pulling the tractors from place to place although I have never seen if my Jimmy would fit on it. I am just going to drive to it from here and have the wife follow me in the support vehicle.

5. nvrenuf

Ooooo SAWEEEET!! I just might hit you up for the trailer favor! Thanks for the offer! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Now I guess I need to make that bare frame I have look like a K5. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif