Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn: all San Jose guys

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RClivin, Jun 16, 2003.

1. RClivin

RClivin Registered Member

I wanted to ask you all to keep on the watch for me for a first gen blazer on sale cuzI am watching all the stuff up here in Santa cruz,
    But for everyone now,
    How do you guys lift your trucks?
    I have seen no lift kits for a 69-72 blazer all the lifts I have seen are for 73-87 blazers. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

arent the spring lengths different for both of them?
    also do you guys fut your fenders on the first gens?
    I furrently have a 86 chevy silverado but want to get into the first gen blazers, thanks

2. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Well depending on what day of the week you catch me on, mine might be for sale /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I put a for sale sign on it at least once a week. I put one on it yesterday & to my surprise, my wife went & took it off & said she wanted to keep it & that she enjoyed riding in it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Yes there are lift kits for 1st gens. Yes the front springe are different between 1st gen's & later models. I think the 1st gen's are shorter, but I may have that backwards.

As for my opinion on trimming the fenders, I won't trim mine. If it was a rusty POS I would, but for now I want to keep it at mall wheelin' status. Probably as soon as I stuff a tire & damage the fenders, I will trim them.

I love the 69-72 body style but if I had it to do over again, I'm not sure I would go with a 1st gen. The parts are more expensive & good original parts are getting more scarce. The rockers make it harder to install rock sliders. Then the rust issues.

I would probably go for a 73-75 since you get the full convertible without some of the hassles inherent to 1st gens.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I have a 74 Blazer that I will be selling soon. It will be in good mechanical shape and either a good rig for someone who is a moderate off roader, or a perfect project truck for someone who wants to go more extreme. It has a strong 350 w/ Weiand intake, Edelbrock carb, MSD HEI distributor, mild cam, headers, and no smog. TH350 trans, NP203 transfer case, 10 bolts front and back, 4" lift, 35's, and I will be putting new shocks on it, having the driveshafts lengthened and balanced as well as a brand new exhaust. I POR-15'ed the interior floor before replacing the carpet. I've spent about $600 so far just in LMC replacement seals, new door panels, etc. The interior is pretty clean w/ good matching seats front and back and the body is flat black. It comes with the full removable hard top as well as a brand new soft top. Let me know if you might be interested. It will be ready in about 2- 3 weeks, maybe less. I will be putting a for sale ad in the For Sale section here when it's done. I am in your general area as well.

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey whats up dude. Welcome! Whats your name? Fill out yer profile a little more. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

I live in san jose, but i get over to santa cruz usually every week to surf my longboard at 38th and the point, sometimes 41st. Perhaps you've seen me cruisin my Maroon/Black First Gen around. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Maybe we can hook up sometime and bs a little.
    I know of a couple first gen's for sale within a few miles from me here.. One is a pretty nice stock condition all white '71 or '72... I think he's asking $5000, but it's been for sale for a year...
    Theres another one all white with 4" suspension/ 3" body... That one was more expensive.
    Shoot me a pm if ya want me to shoot some digital pics of those trucks and maybe get a phone number for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll keep my eyes open.

Take it easy, Good luck!
    Ryan

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

As for my opinion on trimming the fenders, I won't trim mine. If it was a rusty POS I would, but for now I want to keep it at mall wheelin' status. Probably as soon as I stuff a tire & damage the fenders, I will trim them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mike you forgot that Greg72 said the sharkfins have been cut on your front fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

hey, not to highjack the thread, but...
    I'm close to moving to the Monterey area, and was wondering if you guys have any thoughts on best value for real estate. I'll be working in Mont, but my wife is with HCA and may be working in Los Gatos or somewhere up there. IS there a mid way point as far as commuting for both of us? Also, I know nothing is cheap there, but what's my best bet? Thanks, Ernest /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. RClivin

RClivin Registered Member

hey guys thanks for all the help!
    I will be shootin a couple of you a PM or 2
    oh and on the real estate in monteray all I know is ALOT!
    I live in Scotts Valley and right now 4 bedroom houses are goin for a million and a half!

8. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

wow, that's a bit high, eh! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. TED

TED Registered Member

I live in Morgan Hill which is about 30 min from Los Gatos and 45 from Monterey without traffic. Housing is relatively expensive here but coming down. My parents place is 4 bdrm 2.5 bath on 3/4 of an acre and just appraised at 600k. There are quite a few cities to choose from that are approximately in between those 2 cities, both on the coast and inland.

10. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. AS far as driving out there, are we talking mega-congestion or just normal traffic. My idea of mega is central artery boston or the five in LA. I'm wondering because I might want to consider the quality as well as the length of any commute. Thanks for the help again.
    Ernest

11. TED

TED Registered Member

The commute from this area to Monterey should be mostly clear. I've never made it myself but I've never heard anything bad about it. The commute to Los Gatos just got much better- one of our major freeeways just expanded from 2 to 4 lanes. I would classify both commutes as normal traffic, typical slow downs here and there but nothing like hwy 5 in LA.