Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: all those who used 4.3 serpentine kits on their 5.7!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 01maroonz71, May 5, 2007.

1. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

what side is your a/c comp on now? driver or pass? and that spec kit would work o.k. but not in my tastes.

i pulled a kit from a burban with the 5.7 and all bolted up perfect. even my 79 p/s pump with 3 line hydro boost. just had to splice 2 wires for alt and lengthen the power to the batt from alt.

but yes all serps for our gm motors are reverse rotation h20 and fan also.

this is the style that will be about 95% bolt up no real problems. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-94-CHEVROLET-V8-SERPENTINE-BELT-SETUP-SBC-283-400_W0QQitemZ190109594031QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38656QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i am not saying buy this one but this style is what i have used and sold also before.

3. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

my a/c compressor is driver side, just like that setup. i don't have hydroboost, so that's not an issue, why don't you like that kit man???? style of compressor, etc????

oh yeah, since it's reverse rotation, do i have to get a new fan, and that's it???

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i did say fan after h20 pump. and i just like to keep body styles to them selves for the most part. but if it works for you then great. and you only run the cs-130 alt with that kit . your big old style wont work. but those cs-130 alts are up to 105 amp stock and can be bumped to 140 with a kit.

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Easy... get rid of your "one-wire" alt and wire it like it supposed to be wired.
    http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/remotevoltagesensing.shtml
    One wire alternators are for tractors and dragsters, not road vehicles.

Other than that, either kit should work. $300 shipped seems a little steep, though.

6. watson85k5

watson85k5 Newbie

I used the serpentine system off a s10 blazer on my 85 k5. It worked great, but the ac on the s10 was on the pass side so I got new ac lines for a 91 k5 blazer. I used the s10 alt and power steering pump. I would use the system that uses the same r4 ac that you already have. It will make the swap easy. Buy the new ac lines for a 91 k5 blazer. These lines are made for a pass. side ac. Then change the plugs on your old harness to match the serpentine stuff. Your old power steering lines will work. You will need reverse rotation water pump and cooling fan. Also if you can get the support rods that bolt to the intake. I went to the junkyard and pulled the complete system with the fan, bolts, rods, and electric plugs for $175. Then I bought new water pump and ac lines. It took a little work, but I saved a lot of money.