Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: Another Member in need of help. ** Open for 1 More day everyone **

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Feb 24, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Myself and Chevyhuny have learned that a member of this wonderfull site that suffers from Lukemia is not doing well. In fact they have been fighting another bout for about 3 months, and have been down.
    Well, that means no working eother, and the family income is her hubby, who Im sure has his hands full. The bills are stacking up and the home is in jeprody, and I cant help but think, if Kelly dosent pull through this, and her time runs out, I dont weant it to be in a homeless shelter, she is too good and sweet a person to let that happen, I think maybe we can at least offer some help to a fellow ck5'er /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif There are 2 ways..

1- money Order titled to:
    Kelly Erue
    (((((((and mailed to us here at))))))))
    ...417 4th st ne
    ...auburn, wa 98002

2- ChevyCaGal has a paypal setup too /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    P.S.-Kelly and family do not know we are doing this and all responsability of begging is on me, they should not feel embarresed by this, I TAKE ALL BLAME /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif thanks to all. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    For all PNW folks, I will know this week if a car wash can be held at 4wpw in Tacoma, and maybe Lynnwood, please watch for sign-up list in the NW forum /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

(neo)
    [​IMG]

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

Re: ATTN: Another Member in need of help. Please read.

my heart goes out to them, i know how it is i just lost my father to renal cell carcinoma, so i know how rough it is and i would love to help but ive been unemployed since dec 10th and im about to loose my house and car

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Thanks Rob for the update, I think everyone here knows what needs to be done, lets step up to the plate and help out...

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif out... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

If your broke folks, like me, do what I did, sell some old parts that are NEVER gonna get used anyway and sell em cheap, its for a GOOD CAUSE. tell the prospective buyer the money is for the " /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif THE DRIVE /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif " and maybe theyll buy it at low or reg price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Cmon folks, PBB has passed up the CK5 donations in 12 hours from what we did in 2 days /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif WE MUST WIN!

5. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

ill try that but i dont have much worth a sh!t lying around

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

So far I have $160 collected from the NCBD and the good folks on Pirate4x4.com! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

If you would like to donate to paypal you can do so using ChevyCaGal86@aol.com. Please note your name, user name and if you are from CK5. I will be sending a money order to Kelly with a card. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW if anyone is new to using paypal.com when you sign up you will get a $5 credit.... so if you want to donate but don't have any to spare.... you can sign up and use your credit! Someone messaged me about this and I thought, hey good idea so I thought I would mention it! Thanks again folks!

I have had a few people ask... I will be collecting paypal up until Sunday (March 2nd) night. Monday morning I will go get a money order and send everything to Kelly... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    ill try that but i dont have much worth a sh!t lying around

[/ QUOTE ]me neider /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but what I do have is ON SALE for 1 week, cheap! refer to my profile for webshots address.

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

well I have a set of grey power seats from a 93 mustang

any member/user from az buy them for 35.00 "i payed 65.00"

and I will give the $ twards your cause /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

arizona only, can't ship these. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. uglychevyZZ4

post that in the ROD forum /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

Paypal is up to $425 now thanks to donations from all boards! Thanks you guys! You are awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Making sticky

I know with the great responce that we recieved from the wheeling community when my fiend was Paraylized that a big! difference can be made. Even if you can only afford a little it does help.

12. uglychevyZZ4

Thanks Grim!I been waiting for you to update the post on him...

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thank you for really taking this thing and running with it Rob. Things are really taking off and that is a wonderful thing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Paypal is up to $425 now thanks to donations from all boards! Thanks you guys! You are awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incredible Steph /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif A million thanks for setting all of that up and doing so much.

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks Grim!I been waiting for you to update the post on him...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ohh it updates on www.gbr4wd.com. Full update is archived there. Robin came home Feb 13 after 4 months in the hospitals. Club member works for Carry Limo and arranged a limo ride home for her. She is having to stay at her parrents till they can get a house built. We have a builder cutting a hell of a deal. We have been trying to help them raise a down payment. We are building a Jeep (yeah I know) that is going to be raffled. Spent Saturday welding in patch pannels.
    When we get ready for the raffle it will be posted here. We have been very fortunate to get a lot of donations from local 4x4 shops in parts. Last I heard it's going to be $50 a ticket and a max of 500 tickets and a min of 300. We also had one of our members donat a NEW warn 9500 that will be a seperate runner up prize.
    This new home will more than likly be their home for the rest of their lives so we are trying to help them get the best they can. Robin will probably not be able to get back to work till fall at the earliest. Still having residual problems from the head injury.
    They managed to get a used van last week and a used lift and Ralph was putting it together last Saturday. She will be at our club meeting this week if all goes well. The Donations have helped them a ton and they are getting though it.
    I feel like a heel but the one time I was able to get to the Hospital to see her in the last couple month She was asleep and I didn't get to see her. Stuff just kept coming up that was beyond my control. What time I could spare I worked on the Jeep.

Need any help or tips on what to do to help Kelly and her family feel free to ask. If I don't have the answer I see what I can do to find it out for you.
    The 4x4 Community is full of caring folks. CK5 and PBB were major contributors to what we were able to raise in pure donations. Our club is also very active with Southern and several of the clubs under Southern ( www.sfwda.org ) really got together and raised some donations within their clubs to help out. Several of the members for Southern Jeeps have been helping us out and they are sponsoring an event to go with the raffle. It's amazing to me how so many people can lend a hand to help people out. Really makes me proud to be involved in the 4x4 community.
    Good luck with things. As soon as I get paid this week I'll pe putting in what I can spare. It takes time and many people do not use credit cards. Donations from checks will take a week or so to start showing up.

16. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]

That is incredible Steph /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif A million thanks for setting all of that up and doing so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem and it's at $460 now... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

17. uglychevyZZ4

it is amazing what can happen, thats cool grim, i was reading that to jennie and could not read it without holding back tears, it is nice to see some people remember being helped at some point and give back /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Friday's my payday, I will send out a M/O and help what we can.God Bless you all for what you are doing.

19. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I know it's not much, but how about this: I was going to sell off that TH400 application 203 hi-lo complete with the 400 output shaft. Didn't want a lot for it, just wanted to see someone who could use it for a doubler get it. So now I'll give it to the first person who can pick it up here in Ventura, CA and you can make a donation in the amount that it's worth to you.
    I'm currently unemployed too, but I don't need the money that badly.

20. uglychevyZZ4

hey man, dont put yourself in a bind to help, next week we cant have another for you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif