Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN ATLANTA FOLKS! Anyone up for dinner Wed/Thurs night?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jun 17, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

As the subject reads... I'm going to be in Atlanta THIS Wed, Thurs, and part of Friday. Lookin for someone to buy dinner and a few drinks for! Just to get to know some more CK5 folks! Grimmy, you're in ATL aren't you? Let me know! Talk to everyone very soon! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Had a great time with Duane (Marv's bro) in Dallas, and look forward to doing it again with other CK5 folks in Atlanta! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Dan

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Keith and Jim are in Dallas GA, Grim is in Marietta I think and I am in Stockbridge, which is south of Atlanta. I work nights with the Sheriff's Office, go in at 6. If you want to meet somewhere in Henry Co. I can probably meet you. Exits 226 throuh 218 are in my area.

Grim?

Depdog

3. KRAZIE87K5

Good deal Glenn! Where (how far) is that from the airport? Got any idea? Would be cool to meet Grimmy too! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Dan

4. Depdog

Actually, the Airport is SOUTH of Atlanta proper. Its half in the City and half in Clayton county. Clayton is the next county up from Henry which is where I work. It takes about 15 to 20 min to go from my house to the Airport if there is NO traffic. Where are you staying at?

Depdog

5. KRAZIE87K5

I will be staying at the Double Tree hotel in ATL. I don't mind driving so much, as long as the directions are easy! I find myself getting lost REAL easy when I am out of town! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif You mentioned exit numbers in the previous thread... what highway would those exits be off of? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Any luck finding Grimmy for this? Should I drop him a PM maybe?

-Dan

6. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

i am also in atlanta well actually hiram but i am guessing you dont know where that is som atl is close engough i would meet you but iam a few years too young for a couple of drinks <font color="blue"> </font color>

7. KRAZIE87K5

LOL... once we have a location to catch some chow, I will post it up here so everyone can come. Glenn - any suggestions where to meet up?

-Dan

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll be there.
    Let me know the place and time, I'll drive the K/5.

9. KRAZIE87K5

Sweet! Good deal Ryan! Except that you are in CA! Why you gotta tease me like that? Damn... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Dan

10. Depdog

You might want to email of PM Grim. I can meet you anywhere in the county to eat. I cant get the night off. If Grim and Keith and some others want to get together on the north side its not a problem. I can understand them not wanting to drive down here. What do ya like to eat. There is Chick Fil A, Buckhead Bar and Brewery, Outback, Ryans, I think a LongHorn if its open, Ruby Tuesdays, and some other stuff. Let me know where you want to go, everything I named is within 2 miles of the interstate.

Depdog

11. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

hey krazie i might be up for it but i can't promise anything /forums/images/icons/grin.gif i live kinda close to Dep

12. KRAZIE87K5

Let's do something were we can keep the tab down a bit. Expecially if I'm buyin for a small crowd! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I got the beer for sure... from there, we'll see how many show! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif In terms of what food I like... Outback is nice, but BIG $$$! Any other decent steak places? I'll try and find Grimmy...

-Dan

13. KRAZIE87K5

Comon out! I'm in ATL on business. I do almost all aspects of IT stuff for my co. We can toss some IT BS around, what you say to that? Lets get a location nailed down 1st....

-Dan

14. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

you could try spondivits(?) it is nice i don't know about prices though <font color="blue"> </font color>

15. Depdog

Well, I dont drink (and I dont look down on others that do, not to mention I would be in Uniform, would not look good chuggin a cold one). What about Ruby Tuesdays? They got good burgers and its about a block from the interstate off exit 218, thats Hwy 20/81.

Depdog

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Give me some dirrections..I'm taking it's 75 south down to 218. What way to turn off the hwy? What time?
    I'll see if I can make it. Got to check with the Lady and see what she has planned tomorrow. If that's where I think it is It's about a 45 minute ride from home not counting traffic. No guarantee but I'll see if I can spare some time.
    I have been trying to catch up with Keith. I think he works till 8pm W-T. Not sure where work is but I know his house is another 25-30 minutes north of me (about 7 minutes from my work)

17. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

dang, i was in atlanta these last two weeks on a buisness trip, should of posted the news. did a lot of sight seeing savana, bernswick, helen, and some falls in the area.
    you guys have trees like we have sand around here :-)

ARQ.

18. KRAZIE87K5

Grimmy - would it help your chances if we meet further North? I am open to all suggestions... and would like to see the most people there!

Glenn - good to hear you don't drink! I am a serious light weight anyhow. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Can you come further north so we can meet up with Grimmy too? Just wondering... Thanks guys!

And here is some interesting news... I land in ATL at 8:31pm... and I will still need to get my rental. Is that too late for anyone? If so, maybe we should reschedule this whole thing for Thurs. night?

ARQ - sorry to hear I am missing you by only a few days! Would have been nice to meet you too. Better luck next time I guess, huh? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks all!

-Dan

19. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Where is the Double Tree? Off 285? I get off work at 8 both Wed and Thur. That would be fine with me.

20. KRAZIE87K5

The Double Tree I'm staying at is right off of Peach Tree in "downtown" ATL. Ok, so Keith likes the ~9pm thing, does that work for everyone else, or should we plan for a different time on Thurs. night? Dep? Grim? Everyone?

-Dan