Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN BDS spring owners and all others, need spring advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Hello all,

I have the 4 inch bds springs on the front of my blazer now and 4 inch blocks in the rear. I am plannig on getting BDS springs for the rear. Right now with the blocks i am squatting pretty bad and am not real fond of that look!!! Im hoping some one is running the bds springs front and rear and tell me if I should use the 4 In springs all around or if io should go with the 5.5 inch rear springs to help eliminate the squatting. Any and all opinions are welcome. I am kind of leaning twards the 5.5 rear springs becaus of all the crap i end up having in the rear of the truck.
    Thanks

Bigmeats.....Manhattan Il

1975 Blazer

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Get the 4" BDS springs, and when you go to install them put the 1" Offroad Design zero rate add a leaf in. You will have 5" of total lift, and you will get a better ride because the springs aren't arched as much.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

find some stockers and go with a 4in shackle flip

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well, i can finally GIVE advice instead of gettin it. I just got my "4" " BDS lift finished bout 2 hours ago (all but steering stabilizers anyway) and new springs all around. BDS' 4" springs lifted my truck 5.5" all around, so goin w/ the 4" might give u the 5.5" u want..... thats my experience

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I've got a BDS lift all the way around, 4", and you do get about 5.5" of sag. 8 months later the front is higher if anything (yea I know go figure), but the rear sags pretty quickly. if you want the rear to match the front that I'd get 5.5" BDS rear springs, or just do 4" with an add a leaf, maybe even 2 add a leaf's I'll let ya know.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

6. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Thanks!!!!!!

Bigmeats.....Manhattan Il

1975 Blazer

7. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

p.s. even if you do the shackle flip you better prepair to add at least one add a leaf before it will sit level.

right after I did the lift (within a week) I measured the bump stop bracket to the axle. 13 1/4". well I measure the same thing again, parked in the same place, 4 months later and it measures 13 3/4". go figure huh?

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>