Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: DBLAZER AND OTHER GURU'S, NEED WIRING HELP

Discussion in 'Audio' started by TheBlazerKid, Dec 25, 2000.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

ATTN: DBLAZER AND OTHER GURU\'S, NEED WIRING HELP

I currently have two JL audio 12W6 dual voice coil 6 OHM speakers and a rockford 500a2 amp, I just got two more Pioneer Diamondplate 12's dual voice coil 4 ohm, My question is can I wire them all to the Rockford 500a2 2 channel amp and not hurt anyhting being that they are different ohm?, I thought maybe if i put the two JL's on one channel and the two Pioneers on the other??? I dunno and all help will be apreciated, THANX IN ADVANCE!

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Re: ATTN: DBLAZER AND OTHER GURU\'S, NEED WIRING HELP

Ok I am thinking that the 500a2 is 2ohm stable bridged. The two 12w6's if run in parallel will drop to a 3 ohm load. And the two Pioneers will run at 2 ohms in parallel. If you are going to run in bridged mode then pair a Pioneer with a JL in parallel. The total ohm rating for each pair should be 3.xxx( my math maybe off). Therefore it should work out. I would wait for DBLAZER to check my response. He is the master in critique work here.

3. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

What fr8train is saying sounds right to me, but double check with DBlazer.

[​IMG] '87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

OK, to start, is the 500a2 a g500a2 (normal amp) or an H500a2 a power series amp. That will play a big factor in if and how you run the amp. On the Jl subs are they 6 ohms on each coil or are they 3 per coil. Personally, I wouldnt run the two different subs on the two channels. Running them at odd ohm loads, and low ohm loads at that, are going to cause the amp to run inefficiantly, that means run hot and with less power. Give me a little more info on the amps and the JL's and I will let you know. Also, what size power/ground wire do you have.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dblazer.coloradok5.com>http://dblazer.coloradok5.com</A>

5. TheBlazerKid

its the punch series 500a2 not the power
    dual 6ohm on the JL's
    4 AWG power wire and ground

6. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Looking at the JL site, it shows those subs as being DVC @ 6 Ohms on each VC. If you run those all parallel you'd have 1.5 Ohms. The Pioneers at 4 Ohms on each VC in parallel will give you 1 Ohm. If you were to run them all in parallel you'd have something like a .6-ish Ohm load. If you ran series between the 2 pairs you'd have like a 2.5 Ohm load. While it not much of a diff between the 2 individually I would not use them all on one amp.
    One option would be to use 2 pair of either, both pairs running parallel across the VC then running in series between the subs. That should give a 3 Ohm (for the JL) or 4 Ohm (for the Pioneer) load that you should be able to bridge your amp into safely.
    Another would be to get another amp and run each pair on its own amp.
    Whatever you do, do NOT run one set on one channel of the amp and the other set on the other channel. Different Ohm loads on the amp will generate a lot of heat, kill efficiency, and possibly destory the amp and/or subs. Besides, the RF website lists that as only being 2 Ohm stable in stereo mode and 4 Ohm bridged. Bad things will prolly happen if you try to bridge into a less than 3 Ohm load.
    Personally, I'd run just the pair of JL's to 3 Ohm (parallel on each subs VC then series between the subs), bridge the amp into it, and keep an eye on the temp of the amp.
    Sorry to be so long. Just my $0.02.

7. TheBlazerKid

wow that a mouthfull for me to understand!, ill try and decipher it tommroow when im more fresh! thanx anyway!

8. TheBlazerKid

error error error.......the pioneers are SVC 4 ohms, sorry about aht