Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

attn: dog people..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Sep 9, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Oh happy day!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

My bro will take my doggie for a little while so I won't have to give her away! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Now, I'd like some tips on getting her to assume the non-alpha female role. I'm thinking, his dominate dog needs to be alone with her alread in the yard when my dog goes over. That way, it'll be "shelby's" yard instead of my dog thinking the land is not claimed. Any ideas?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Let em fight it out to the death... a cage match of sorts.... "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY".... Live at the Dawg Pound- Death Match 2002! BE THERE! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Actually I'd go over and have your bro take the dog for a walk with you and your dog. Then come back and walk around the yard with them on the leashes for a bit. Then let them off while your back there and see how it goes.... what we did when my friend got 2 new dogs to break them in with her dog. It worked well....

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Best way to get them to be freinds is to introduce them on neutral ground, like a park or something. That way neither one will be trying to defend their territory. Your dog will know who's boss in your brother's house, she'll know what dogs have been there from all of their smells that will be there. </font color>

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Ditto. Let them get aquainted on neutral ground. Once the butt sniffing is over, you can think about taking them both to his house.

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Dang, I thought this was gonna get good for a second.....Steph vs Lara...

O well, got my hopes us too soon

6. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

WHen a girlfriend of mine brought her 1yr old male lab to my house with my 8yr old Male 130lb rotty, my rottie tried to hump her dog. I was like You queer what are you doing. Pissed me off. and then when the other dog got scared my rotty got angry. I need to get him laid again /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I beleive that your dog did that to show his dominance. Dogs do that in the wild. Its not like he is really trying to (screw) him but showing him he can be controling and is above him.

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Happy to hear that you don't have to give away your pup! That would suck!

Anyhooo, it's been my experience as a dog owner... if the 2 dogs in question are the same sex, it will take a little longer for them to decide who is gonna be the boss especially if it's 2 females (I think the dog world is a lot like the human world in that respect/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) A male and a female... the female will kick azz and the male will fall right in line (again, kinda like the human world/forums/images/icons/grin.gif)

Good luck!

9. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i am so happy for you i would by very upset if i had to give up lighting my grayhound

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I saw your thread title, "attn: dog people," and thought, "attn: bannana boat people!" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

11. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Fabulaz!! ( please check your; "Twiz to englixsh transalation" book, something you all should be equipped with, part of the "CK5 off topic event kit".) /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Dawgs R' Dawgs, they'll figure it out.

I dog-sat my buddy's two Goldens while he was selling his house (four dogs in-all), no problems here. Just lots of vacumeing. There were minor lil' scuffles, but nothing major. I did make a point of makeing sure my hounds saw me petting the other dogs (I'm not sure if thay gave a [censored] about it or not, but I was tring to show them it was O.K. for them to be here).
    None of them are very aggresive, pretty laid back pack.