Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn Everyone Poll Time

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Jan 17, 2006.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

OK, so Beaterk20 has 6500.00 to spend .

They already have a car to tote the kids around in so this is just a fun car :D

WHAT SHOULD JEREMY BUY???????

THIS???? for 5k? (hell post pics) :D

I keep trying to tell him to get anb old school runner, like a cool old school ride, something really sweet partially fixed up a bit :D

the question is, should he buy a muscle car( witch is reliable just as much as the newer cars) , or a newer camaro type ride? :D

I say go out of the box, and get a really cool old car that kind of fixed up already, what do YOU guys think? Being that its just for fun? :D

(sorry im being so vauge ,ill let him fill in the blanks) :D

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'll be the wet blanket.

Invest it.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

WTF???? Why is Jeremy not posting this himself? Did his new GF break his fingers for constantly trying to touch her tata's?:dunno:

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

pinto wagon

is that old school?

*edit* found this one and think its too cool to not share

[​IMG]

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:D
    Great, hot totties and modurating :haha: :D , its just, he has some money to spend, and we keep butting heads, i say go with the old school ride, he says he wants a newer one, if it was me, id do the 67 olds 442 thing :D :laugh:

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well if you must spend it then buy one of the new muscle cars. Somebody posted a 400+ hp Goat the other day. There's the new Mustang and the Challenger is due out soon.

If you've ever worked on the old stuff for any length of time then you know it's a maintenance pita. Unless your an absolute gearhead I'd say go new.

Either that or a 350 Vega. The Pinto looked like a winner.:haha: I could see Jeremy in that with a coonskin cap.

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

this is what i like :D

theres too many camaros and junk around, every timmmay , dick and harry has one !!!!!!!!:haha: Theres so many sweet old cars out there man! :D GO OLD SCHOOL!!!!! :D

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ok... here's the story...

i bought a Malibu last Friday. while waiting on bank transactions to clear, the deal got a little hoky on me, so i bailed. so i've got $6500 to spend. i want something quick, fun to drive, good looking, and be able to haul 2 small kids and a girlfriend around once in a while.

since i sold my '86 TA i've been wanting another F-body for a while, but never wanted to come off the coin for a 4th gen car.

just nosing around some forums today, i came across a '94 Z28 less than 100 from me.

LT1/6 speed
    50,000 miles
    mods- ASP crank pulley, pro 5.0 shifter, hotchkis STB, EGT&vac gauges, MSD ign. box, Hotchkis lwr cntrl arms&panhard bar, airfoil, K&N filterchrgr. 4.10's, 160 therm. Hooker LT & Ypipe, slp clutch, pcm programming, 17"x9.5" GM SS rims, carbonfiber driveshaft, crane gold 1.6rr, manley valve springs, titainium retainers, eibach prokit, KYB adjustable shocks and struts.
    supposedly runs 12.50s @ 110 with a 1.88 60' time, yet is still internally stock.

Jacob seems to think that its a "bad deal" because its a new school ride. i like the idea of driving to the strip on a hot day, clicking off some mid-12 second passes, and then cranking up the AC and cruising home, getting reasonable economy along the way. he keeps trying to talk me into an "old school" ride, i'm not sure why though. :dunno: what do you guys think? reasonable deal?

125840417.jpg

125840420.jpg

125840427.jpg

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Go suck on a wet willy:haha: j/k , yeah somethinf he can OWN mabey? Not the bank :D

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

$6500 for that car? That sounds like a good price to me, but I also think $1.59 a pound for apples is a bargain. Apparently it's not........:tongue1:

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Willy tried that chit with me and I bit it off.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no... Jacob just felt the need to post his opinion in hopes that the rest of you would support him.

i have $6500, not $65,000, otherwise i'd already have a new GTO in my stable. want something paid for, i hate owing money on vehicles.

as for being a gearhead, i think my picture is in the dictionary next to the word "gearhead". i build cars and trucks in my head, and on paper all the time, and i'm constantly trying to figure out how to make "this" work with "that" when it wasnt ever intended to. just time to get rid of some junk, and have a nice piece to play with now. will come in especially handy when i start restoring my K20, to distract me from the piles of "junk" that it will produce.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I love the 70 to 73 Camaro / Firebird body style. A 70 to 73 Formula Firebird with the twin hood scoops would be extreamly cool. [​IMG] I've had (2) 71 Camaros, and a 73 Camaro. [​IMG]

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im just saying, its a one time deal.:D Thats it. The thought of an built injected bbc in something classic screaming down the track gets me exited . :D Just looking for some opinions. I havent exactly driven the newer camaros at all, its just , im opretty sure it might get boring after a while. ANd wont hold value as an older car would :laugh: im sure 6500 cash would get something done. It may just be me stuck in this old time classic thing , i dunno :crazy: :D

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

agreed, but one of my high school buddies has a '73 Formula 400, and the other one (who i was talking too, and rememering what a great time we had - mentioned earlier in the post) has this.

cant be cookie cutter, now can we?

Image032.jpg

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

BTW, there is a '71 Formula hood in the garage for the above pictured '72 :rolleyes:

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

quote =no... Jacob just felt the need to post his opinion in hopes that the rest of you would support him. quote

Nope , not true . I want you to have what YOU want. To make YOU happy. Not what i want lol. As you all have seen me spend money follishly before lol .

If you like it, get it. But i think deep down inside the classic bug has bitten you. Thats why every IM to me is something classic most the time, if youre like me, i just jump sometimes withought thinking. Just make sure you really want that car. Because youll be stuck with the damn thing.:D

Happy spending , i just would rather see you in something old, because im selfish. :haha:

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

yup, its bitten. but, i get tired of fiddling with carbs, and worn out 40 year old components easily.

19. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Go for the Z28, that thing is sick.

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

and the SS hood and airbox are only $1000 from SLP... :cool: