Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: FL CK5 RUN GEAR *DELETED*

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by RedDwarf, Oct 3, 2001.

1. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by RedDwarf

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Re: ATTN: FL CK5 RUN GEAR

I will have
    An air tank( no on board air yet )
    Tons of tools, Including a ball joint press set (just incase)If someone has on board air I will bring air tools.
    A strap or 10 [​IMG]
    Welding skills [​IMG]
    POSSIBLE G.P.S.
    Jumper cables
    2 ton come along
    gas cans
    firewood

I will also have the ESSENTIALS. Everyone really needs to bring the basics. To add to RedDwarfs essenyails list...
    Matches or lighter
    gas cans FILLED! (I dont recommend carrying gasoline w/ you in your rig, unless you have a Jerry can or something SAFE and sealed.
    A trailer if you think you may break. Or some way of getting your rig home. I cant stress this enuff, make arrangements, in advance, to get home if you break. Red and I are planning this, we can not be responsible for dragging you home. Make arrangements, in case you break! And dont say you wont cuz ya might! Anytime you go out you take the risk of haveing and accident or breaking. I plan to kiss my rear axle goodbye while Im there. I will be sane and dont want to bust it, but it may happen. I have made arrangements to get my rig back.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

3. Pure Insanity

Also to the essntials list is to atleast bring U joints. Try to bring axle shafts if ya got them, and a spare rear driveshaft. Gear oil, tranny fluid, motor oil, wheel bearing grease, ETC.

4. Pure Insanity

ttt

5. purple89jimmy

purple89jimmy Registered Member

This is sounding out of my league guys, thanks for the invite though. I dont have a winch or lockers. And I am not sure how the heck I would get my rig home if something broke. I have fixed everything myself so far, but who knows what will happen once I get up there. Wish I was able to tag along somehow to see what it is like so I can learn what I need to prepare for.

6. Pure Insanity

Dont let some of the gear we carry scare you off! I just like to be prepered for anything! Just have the basics and you should be fine. I am bringing alot of stuff that will prob not be needed, but if someone needs it I would hate to think "well I have that back at the shop!"

7. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Yeah, hey man, the reason I posted is to let guys like you know that somebody *will* be there that has that stuff, so you can have fun and not worry. Somebody can pull you out.
    Breakage is less of a concern too, cause you can just ask for the strap, rather than crash and bash.

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

8. tightwork 82 K5

tightwork 82 K5 Registered Member

your trip sounds good. i just got my k5 a couple of months ago in stock condition. I just installed a six inch lift today i need to get some new brake lines, and a new steering arm. its not been tested yet either. I seem to have a strong pull to the right in 4wd. I think only 1 hub locks in (automatic). if i can get the kinks worked out ill be there. Is the campgrounds by the big bridgeover the south end of the oklawaha. or on 19 by rodman dam??