Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn: Gun folks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Aug 16, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Do any of y'all know where I'd be able to go to find when a gun was made or registered? The people who made my gun are out of business.

It was made by Sterling Arms Corp
    It's a 300 model.

Where would I go to get info?

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Since Sterling Arms went out of business in the early '80's it will probably be hard to find specific date of manufacturing information.

In 1973 E&R Machine purchased all of their stock making Sterling Arms a wholly owned subsidiary. You might want to try to contact E&R Machine to see if they could help you out.

If you just want a schematic or parts then go to E-Gunparts. They can get you almost anything you may need.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Alot of gunshops sell books aswell. Check with the clerk to see if they might have the information you're looking for. Also check with your local libary

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I didn't really find what yo're lookin for, but I did find this. Just some pics and stuff. All I did was type "Sterling Arms Model 300" into www.google.com (search engine) and thats one of the things it came up with. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you get the model # I could look it up.. My dad has every Amercan Rifleman book back to 1962..

6. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Go buy a Guns and Ammo mag and send the question in to them. They should answer back EVENTUALLY.

7. Clay's 72K5

Clay's 72K5 Guest

Does it have a serial number? I can see if I can find out about registration and ask my brother about it. He's a gun fanatic and might know of someone who can find info or he himself might be able to get it. Just let me know and I will see if you like.