Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn: Hossbaby50 Amsoil?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TexasBlazerBoy, Dec 22, 2006.

1. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Would it be worth it to use the Amsoil product in my old K5.

1977 92k miles

I only drive it for fun, which isn't alot:crazy: unfortunately.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

As long as it doesn't leak or burn oil then sure it can definitly help.

The 203 is pretty bulletproof so it may not be necessary but won't hurt. If the motor doesn't burn oil or leak then it is a good candidate for synthetic. A full flush for the trans would be very $$$ but a pan drop with 5qt of synth & a new filter would be good also if the tranny is in good shape. The axles for an offroad truck are the place you want it most. They take the highest torque loads & beatings from the drivetrain. Amsoil's Severe Gear is a great product for diffs. It helps prevent the oil from pressing out from between the gears under heavy loads or shockloads. For an offroad truck Amsoil also recommends using there tractor fluid for the power steering.

The 2 parts I would be most interseted in running synth is the motor & the diffs. Then if you can afford/want do the other parts with synth also.

Harley

3. DSRTDOG

DSRTDOG Registered Member

Amsoil is good stuff:bow: . i just rebuilt my 87 blazer, and usd amsoil in engine, tranny. diffs, power steering. my freand is a dealer and iv been using for 3 years, my Gsxr, durango, jeep .... i was deployed for 2 years and every time i came home on rr drove and alll good, hear his website puresyn.net. he is building a 75 blazer with 383 and will be using amsoil. Just make sure your not leaking any oil you should be good. any other ??? ask away, my freand is vary helpfull. tell him Alex sent yaa

4. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Cool. My boss is a dealer so I might talk to him about it as well.