Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn: Ken Brown

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kodiak, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

I posted earlier about 35inch tires with a 2inch lift on a first gen. blazer and didn't get much response. Do I read the info on your picture right? 35inch tires with 1inch lift.
    Also why are most people against trimming fenders? It only looks like crap if you want it to. I'd rather have the lower center of gravity and less drive train problems. Also I think the fenders on the 1st gen blazers are bigger than the other models so it should require less trimming.

http://kodiak.coloradok5.com

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

35X12.5x15 in stock 15x8 rally wheels worked fine. I added the 1 inch body lift more for other resons. (like to clear the dubbler) Now funny thing when I changed to after market 15x10 wheel I am having some problems with the left ft and both rear tires! I trimed the rear opening in the front just a bit, which is not hard. the rear wheel openings are the smallest at the very front so just run the opening strate down from the the bottom of were the molding is. I am going to go with 2 or inch lift this winter more to get the rocker out of the rock than anything.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

3. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I was running the oem rallys that were in 3 cases going on 30 years old. After putting in the 4500 with the 6,34 or so first gear, the 203 rang box with 2 to 1 and the 205 with 2 to1 I found that I needed first biger wheel studs I now run 1/2 not the stock 7/16. and stronger wheels plus the full-floter in back need wheels with bigger center holes. So it was time to up grade the wheels and I have allways been tould that the 35x12.5x15 needed wider rims the the 8 so I wemt to 10.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken