Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn: LOUDAND PROUD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86K5inMN, Oct 4, 2000.

1. 86K5inMN

86K5inMN Registered Member

Where are you in Minnesota? I'm just south of the Twin Cities. Nice to hear of other Minnesotans out there!

2. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

I'm north of the Twin Cities, in Ham Lake, its the next city north of Blaine. Its going to be time to bust out the 4 wheel drive on the K5 soon, winter and all just around the corner. [​IMG] Nice to see another Minnesotan on here.

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Hey guys !

I'm from Hudson, WI and work in Roseville, MN.....where do you guys go wheeling ? You're right LoudandProud, Summer's over for another 6 months. I'm not looking forward to it once again, but that's why we live here....it's in our blood. Where is there a good 4 wheel drive shop around the cities ? One that carries a lot of products on site so I can compare and see what I'm buying ? Do you guys go to Dresser ? I haven't gone yet with the Blazer but I've went several times with other trucks I've owned. A 79 Chevy with 7" and 38's and my last one was a 74 Chevy with 15" and 40's. I'd like to find some places to go wheelin but not sure of any good areas yet, could you help me out ? I'll try and post some pics of my past rides for you guys to see.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

4. loudandproud

Hmmm, I haven't got a clue where to go wheelin'. I haven't gone yet. My Blazer I have is just a stock one, but I finally got a 90 Jimmy that is BIG, but its just a 5000lb paper weight right now. As for a 4x4 shop. I go to HOOZE 4x4, near where I live. I had my dual exhaust done there and I think they did a good job, LOUD. I've had other things done there too, u-joints and stuff, and I feel they do a good job and don't try to screw you. They have a bunch of lifted K5's there, so I love that place. They have some products in there to look at: shocks, tires, lift kits, ect. Its a brand new building that they built not too long ago. I drive by everyday and see all the awesome trucks they have there. If I ever get around to it, I will take some pictures of my 5000lb paper weight.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Here's some pics of past rigs.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Sorry about the pics, I forgot Steve had that turned off. I started a new post of my past rigs. While I'm posting here, do you guys recognize this Blazer ?

http://www.pressenter.com/~kevjohn/who's blazer.jpg

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

7. loudandproud

I've never seen that one before, i don't think, but then again there are so many Blazers around here I don't remember them all. That one looks really cool though.

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

It was owned by one of the guys who used to own Monster Truck Supply when it was over on White Bear Ave. by the Rainbow Foods right off of Hwy 36. They did a lot of things for the local 4 wheelin guys. They used to make real nice front and rear bumpers that you could take on and off so you'd be legal bumper height, but when you got to the mudhole, you could take it off in a matter of minutes with no extra tools needed. Just thought it might still be around or one of you may know him.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

9. 87JIMMY

87JIMMY Registered Member

Wow!! More Mn people ! I live in White Bear and work in Blaine. If you are looking for driveline work, try Universal Driveline in White Bear. My 87 Jimmy is all torn apart now, but it should be on the road again by spring so my Cavalier will have too get me thru the snow, which should start falling today.

Scott 87JIMMY

10. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

11. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

12. 86K5inMN

I'm in Apple Valley. I have a stock 86 K5 with no rust and only 85000 miles on the clock. There is some REAL MILD wheeling down here off of 35 and 185th. It's nothing tough but it's only 5 minutes away! I will probably be shopping at Burnsville Off-Road. They sell BDS lifts and the owner Dan McKaeg has had two of his trucks in past TTC competitions.(A viper powered Wrangler was one of them.) I also have a friend who had a 2000 Cherokke built up there and they did very nice work. Haven't been to Dresser yet but am hoping maybe next year.

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

What do you mean by real mild wheeling ? I'd be interested in going some time.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

14. 86K5inMN

By real mild I mean it's just some hills and some dry creek beds. Nothing to get stuck in ar even get real flexed out. It's just a nice place with some easy little trails.