Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn:Low Country SC and Ga!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by trollporter, Oct 12, 2004.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

There is a race @ the Hampton, SC County Mud Pit on Sunday Oct. 24. Race starts @ 1:00pm.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    4 classes,3 trophies in each class
    $20 for first run, $10 each aditional run
    Pull Points front and rear
    Proof of insurance for street class

Spectators Admission $10
    12 and under $5
    Pit side parking $5

2. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

man it breaks my heart to see these posts!!!!!!!! i've been working on getting a good job somewhere in Savannah or HHI...haven't been having much luck in my line of work...looks like a career change may be in order...sorry to give a response that has nothing to do with ur post...but i feel better now that i've shared my sadness...lord i miss Beaufort!

3. trollporter

What line of work are you looking for or would like to change to?

4. semper-k-five

I'm in telecommunications...work for a company named WilTel...I'm basically an Optical Engineer w/out the degree!!! My father retired from the Navy (naval hosp bft) and chose to settle in Bft...so i'm lookin to get back myself..He has some contacts @ Sprint, but I haven't had any luck w/ them....

As far as a career change, i've thought about getting back into a mechanic shop...all my ASE certs have lapsed and i haven't chosen to retake the tests until i'm sure that's a choice i'm willing to make....retirement options are what drove me out of the wrenching business and put me into the Marine Corps to where i'm at now!!

pretty lengthy..sorry!

5. semper-k-five

as far as livin out my dream!!, gettin back to a marina is really where i'd love to end up...worked a year at Dataw Marina after i graduated...and man, if they paid enough for me to get out of mommy and daddy's house, i would have never left!!!

i'll be leavin work here in a few mins...if you reply or throw some ideas onto this post, i'll see them in the mornin...no computer at the house!!!

6. trollporter

I'll keep my ears open for anything.And I hate to brake your heart even more but we have another race coming up at the begining of november at our home pit in BFT,SC. I'll prbaly do another post for it once we get all details final. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. semper-k-five

right on man!!! i'll be thinkin about ya's!!!
    I'll be headin out that way sometime in spring to visit my folks...i'll shoot ya a PM and see about hookin up with you and some of the other LC K5 guys...throw back a cervesa or 2!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif