Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

attn:marines, something that may interest you for sale/trade

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big d, Jul 30, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i have, a framed antique large picture of the flag raising at iwoa jima. on the back of the frame covering is a typed section naming almost every one in the pic and if they where kia,etc. also there is a cut out of a later dated newspaper cliping about the death of the american indian that was one of the soldiers involved in the flag raising. this picture belonged to a ww2 veteran and i picked it up at his estate sale sadly with a bunch old discarded junk for next to nothing. i myself, am a veteran and realize the value of this picture. it has to be at least dated from 45 to maybe early 50's. i believe the pic itself is an original ap. release with the rest done by the veteran. i will also include the original ww2 postage stamp dipicting the same flag raising. i think this picture, with the info on the back, makes it really special. btw, i have also, a few original ww2 u.s. navy photo books i will part with possibley also. make an offer, dont be to cheap, this is one-of-a-kind stuff. i am also up for the idea of maybe trading for some blazer related items also. all material in good shape for its age (adult owned). thanks.

2. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Don't be too cheap

[/ QUOTE ] If you are a veteran, and picked it up for cheap, why not sell it to someone that it would actually mean something too for a cheap price? I guess everybody's out to make a buck these days. It's just sad that you are trying to do it on such an item. I'm not trying to offend you (maybe a bit of a guilt trip /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif ) just expressing my opinion. Good luck with whatever you do with it.

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i think you should try to get that appraised before you try to sell it, you might be selling yourself short

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i am a veteran yes, but not a marine. not that that picture doesnt mean something to me. i simply respect the history of the thing and the cost (in lives) to accomplish it. i did a justice in the first place saving it from the dump. i respect your opinions but if the funds or objects rendered from the sale or trade of this picture helps me to achieve my piece of the "american dream" the i think any true american would understand this. in this case my dream is my blazer, small maybe, but still mine none the less. i just wanted to ensure that this pic went to a marine and hopefully a good home and preferabley a ck5'r and not just some tom, dick and hairy off the street. that is why i posted as i did. thank you.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

pm me with what ever offers you have had or even pics of what you are offering, my brother is discharged from the corp in 2 weeks/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

-Jeremy