Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

attn. MuleMaster

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Balou, Jul 9, 2000.

1. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

I AM JALOUS !!!
    Nice to see u finally got the paint on,
    now its getting time for a LongIslandIceTea meeting with the guy who is as tall as I am.

Just few things about the Mule:
    - I really expected a plate like W-MULE 1, or so!!!
    What is it you have now, never saw an austrian plate like this?
    - As for the rear look and better hwy handling I recommend 1.5" spacers for the rear axle.
    - I can't see any "ColoradoK5.com" stickers, I have 2 sets, want one?

Balou
    "Size DOES matter!!!", said the girl last night.
    http://www.balou.coloradok5.com

2. MuleMaster

MuleMaster 1/2 ton status

Thanx, pal!
    Yeah, I'm finally reaching the end with some detours: needed a new carb, got an Edelbrock performer now, rides great, but due to my defect brake booster (was a newly reman from LMC) braking isn't that funny at the moment ...
    Will reinstall the old one next week and wait for an friendly answer from LMC.
    My number plate is of Kirchdorf an der Krems, Upper Austria. I've got a house in Windischgarsten, where I'm 'officially' living (taxes, more friendly administation and stuff). I thought about a custom plate reading 'KI-MULE8' (1978), but the rear one is two-lined, would look rather strange.
    As to the spacers, I thought about them, is a real good idea. Got a hint where to get them in Germany? $$?
    I've got some stickers: two small ColoradoK5, of course, a sticker for the tailgate with 'K5 Blazer ... because size DOES matter' on it, and two with my 'Project Mule' - logo for the front fenders. I didn't put tem on the rig till now, because the paint was too new (and - I think that's the main reason - I'm too impatient for this kind of job. Would come out crooked as hell!) But I've got a friend in Windischgarsten who owns a paint shop and is also specialiced in car decoration. He made my stickers and will attach them.
    Hell, yes, we really should have a cup of tea or two. Something like a European Why To K5 Run. What's on Your schedule like beginning of August? Are You still in Germany or somewhere down in Turkey?
    Good luck for Your suspension rebuild!
    CU
    MuleMaster

P.S.: Have been to Your web site, good start, waiting for more pics. I'll put up a link on my site!

<font color=blue>K5 Blazer...because size DOES matter
    http://projectmule.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>

3. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

Got the spacers from performance wheels @ Euro 247.00 incl. shipment (US postal) and customs/VAT.
    Took them 3 weeks to arrive, but worth every cent and day to wait.

As for your booster I might ask the local junkyart in Kaiserlautern, they offer new stuff @ reasonable prices as well.
    Have to go there anyway (wish every day!!!)

Do you have another "...size DOES matter" sticker for me???

Beginning August should be fine, any suggestion???
    Salzburg, Munich, Neustadt, Vienna???

Jobwise I am still divided into 2 parts, sales in Sout-East Germany one week, business developement in Turkey the other week. Think this will go on till end of August, then I will get fired (hopefully) or move to Turkey.
    Up from next week I have to start business development in Greece as well, my boss just said "Turkey? Greece? What's the difference???" So 3 jobs from monday, but still only 1 salary and still only 24hrs. a day, it starts pi$$sing me off.

Balou

4. MuleMaster

Uff, according to the friendlyness my bank treats me at the moment, I think I will have to wait a few, uhm, weeks with the spacers. But thanks for the info anyway!

Would be great if You could find out some price for the brake booster! Just as a backup, if LMC won't be friendly to me. By the way do You know this guy Richard Fromm in Wiesloch? I've been to a training in Walldorf and was diving around a bit when I suddenly saw like 15 military Blazers on a yard. Hit the brakes and jumped in - he's selling Blazers and parts, and I made a really good deal on the door weatherstrips for my Blazer there. I've got his phone# and address in case You're interested.

In fact, I do have a second sticker, my friend made two, no idea why. email me Your mail adress, I'll send it to You (projectmule@gmx.at).

Munich sounds great, I will be there to meet some colleagues from my last project on the weekend 11./12./13. Aug. Got time during the week, too?

Hey, Your job real s$cks! Only good for collecting flight miles, but too much work for sure. And such fine countries. But I seem to be headed south, too. After my 2.5 months holiday (hehehe, don't be jealous!) I'll start to work on a project in Zagreb, Croatia. That's where I wanted to go to - NOT!

MuleMaster

5. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

Richard from Wiesloch??? That's only 20km from here.
    Please send address, will have a look for the booster as well.
    Wiesloch, hehehe, SAP training I guess, that sucks.
    Will have a meeting with the SAP guys from Istanbul soon, our FI and CO moduls don't work down there,
    upgrad will be $150.000, way too much.

Zagreb, hehehe, that's even closer to Istanbul than Vienna is to Munich, ooohh buddy,
    thank God I don't have to go there.

What you think of meeting in Munich August 10th., Thursday I think?
    Lived their for 6y, still know a lot of nice "Tea" salons.
    Are you bringing The Mule?

Balou

6. MuleMaster

Here You go:
    Richard Fromm
    Fahrzeugbau
    Dielheimer Straße 39
    69168 Wiesloch
    phone 06222 2566
    fax 06222 514 03

SAP, You're right. I'm SAP consultant for PP and Supply Chain Management, and this was a training in which they told us how good the APO will be - once it will be ready ...

$150,000 - yep, would be a nice project. But if it's an upgrade from 3.X to 4.6 then double the sum, won't work on the first attempt.

Uuups - just received Your e-mail. Rest goes by mail (I think that wouldn't be interesting for the others though).

CU
    MuleMaster

7. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

yeah, let's go on by email, maybe we can use our nativ language, hehehe!!!

Balou