Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn: New Hampshire people

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Mar 30, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I might be moving to new hampshire in 2005 (summer probably). I would be moving with my (then wife) now girlfriend so she can go to cooking school there. We have been looking at everything we could find online about it but havn't found many places. Could someone from the area of Dover, Nh or somewhere near there please e-mail me at Branndon@Cox.net or reply here and answer a few questions for me.
    1. How far is it to any offroading areas from dover.
    2. Is a truck really worth having there or should i sell when i move and get something else for the elimate/land type?
    3. Does anyone have a real estate agent they can recomend to me?
    4. and can someone give me ideas what houses cost or rent for... her in Santa Barbara, a 2 bedroom 1 bath about 900 Sq feet is renting for................. $1800! so what can we get there for a comparable price? Thanks in advanced

Greg72... reply if you read this /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i did the So-Cal move to NJ about 3 years ago for career advancement. Weather wise you will regret it(hate it). Make sure you Por 15 everything possible on your truck before you move. Make sure you eat at In N Out burger before you leave!

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

in-n-out... drool, i love them and will miss them, and i'm looking forward to the cold/rainy/snowy weather (i think) and what's por 15? a sealer to prevent rust?

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Por 15 is a rust paint coating. I am currently painting
    my frame, wheel wells, and everything under the k5. I brought my k5 out here and plan on taking it back someday. Anyways I am about halfway done(started last weekend) but couldn't touch it this weekend because it RAINED yesteday and SNOWED some today! Look up Por 15 on the net, they have website.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    1. How far is it to any offroading areas from dover.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah- thats a funny one! If your lookin for some place like hollister or moab or anything to that effect....your going to have to travel quite a ways. Your more than likely going to find only power line's, and trails that actually are "roads" to hunting camps. Most of the time, you can make it in 2 wheel. Most of the people I know around here, play in mudd....

[ QUOTE ]
    2. Is a truck really worth having there or should i sell when i move and get something else for the elimate/land type?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont sell it

[ QUOTE ]
    3. Does anyone have a real estate agent they can recomend to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the Dover area, but the agent I was going to recommend to Greg- is the one he actually already had hooked up with.....

[ QUOTE ]
    4. and can someone give me ideas what houses cost or rent for... her in Santa Barbara, a 2 bedroom 1 bath about 900 Sq feet is renting for................. $1800! so what can we get there for a comparable price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on what area- Dover, is on the seacoast, pretty expensive. however New Hampshire realestate is funny. Take a house in Dover- renting at 1800 a month.....head to a town about 15-20 minutes away- your lookin at 1400. Its like that all over here......if your sure on Dover, I can get you more info.....whats the school she's lookin at?

Brandy

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    whats the school she's lookin at?

[/ QUOTE ] Atlantic Culinary Academy and who is the agent you recommended? Thanks for the help. think there's somewhere to get the k5 dirty with in say an hour or Dover? Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Centry 21 Thackston Group- they are in Keene, I'll guarantee they dont have anything in that area....its almost 2 hours away. Keene is on the VT boarder.......other side of the state..

You can find mudd just about anywhere....but your not going to find rocks to crawl....

8. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

hey right on, glad to here you've decided to move to the glory land as i call it...

NO don't sell your rig. just know that if its super loud and ruff looking you might get pulled over.. other than
    that the cops are very nice. the law here is 30" to the bottom of the frame at both ends /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.. they
    also don't like to see any /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif of your tire sticking past the body... right now i live behind the town hall (in a town about an hour west of dover)
    cops everywhere and they never give me a second look.. (i'am a nice guy to /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) i'am running 6" springs with
    38 sx's....

dover is a nice place and there's lots of woods right around there.. bye the end of this summer i hope have some good
    places scoped out.. plus i've got a not so distant family member who was/is??
    cheif of police over in dover.. i'll try and get in touch with him and get the low down on realtors and stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Thanks alot. I'm getting 38x13x16 Swampers soon so they won't stick out (my 12.5 wide BFG don't now so i assume the 13 inch wont) I am still thinking about lowering my rig to a 4 inch lift with 0 rates or something like that so i shouldn't be too tall. and woods sound like fun, were looking for a house with property I'll keep in touch with info as we get it, she hasn't applied yet, but if she does and we get accepted.... then we'll know for sure that were moving /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif