Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: Northern CA people going to Hollister Blazer Fest....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Jun 29, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you are one of these people and plan on caravaning please let me know. I need to know who is interested in this so I can plan the where and when we will meet. I'm thinking right now we might meet somewhere where there is a grocery store with a parts place close by. That way if there are last minute things you need you can do that there. If I know exactly where you are headed from I can then pick a central spot for us.... thanks! [​IMG]

Stephanie <><
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.com>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.com</A>

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ChevyCaGal on 06/30/01 06:28 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Sacramento area folks going to Hollister Blazer Fest....

I live near Modesto. I will be heading out Friday morning 7:30am ish. FRIZZLEFRY and I are going to meet around 9am at I5 & 152 Los Banos area. Were exsactly is still to be determined? The town of Hollister is not that far away from the park so last minute stuff can be gotten there.
    When are you heading South?

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099</A>

3. ChevyCaGal

This meeting is for people who live in the Sacramento area (ie Elk Grove, Rancho Cordova, Folsom, Antelope, Citrus Heights and so on...(even folks coming down and will have to pass through Sac and want to hook up too like from Reno, Tahoe and Yuba area etc...)) meaning we will meet here in town and then drive there together in a group... If you would have to go out of your way to come to Sac for this then chances are this caravan is not something you'd want to do... but I know some people are coming from right around here so let me know.... I was thinking maybe meet in Sacramento like at a spot where several freeways hook up... maybe where I-5, Hwy 50 and I-80 come together near downtown? From there we will take I-5 to Los Banos to 152 into Hollister... The caravan was simply an idea because it'd be fun and cool to march down the road that way and scare all the metros! [​IMG] So if you are interested tell me so I can plan on this.... PM with your number (and I will give you mine) so when I do get it going on I can call you to tell you..... thanks! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hey sis , your best way down to Hollister is to take 5 all the way to los banos. Then come over 152 straight in to Hollister...........Dan

5. ChevyCaGal

Ok... we are taking I-5 like I said to go down there... so there will be meeting points along it so if you live in say Galt, Lodi, Stockton and so on.... just shoot me an email so I know where you are and we'll come up with spots along it to meet and go from there....

As for a time. Someone mentioned meeting at 7am.... I have to say um, no! Ha ha ha.... I'm not getting up at 5am to be ready by then. I'm sorry but my body will turn on me if I go that route. I was thinking for now (this can be changed) that we will meet at 9am in Sacramento (possibly later so people in Yuba & north and Tahoe/Reno won't be having to get up way early and leave early) then we will go down I-5 and make hook ups and get to Hollister about noon or a bit later (most likely later).... so again let me know... [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

When's this little shindig gonna go down?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes I second that! I5 South from Sac. to 152 is the fastest route.
    So what day and time are you heading out?
    Do you have anyone to drive with yet?
    The invite is open to hook up with me early Friday morning.
    If you head down I5 I could meet you & your caravan at the Pattersen exit say at 8am or so. Thats perrty early and you would have to leave Sac at like 6:30am, so I might be too early for you all.........

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099</A>

8. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

K... Steph. It looks like we are going. BUT... We will probably be coming in the 4Runner. My beast is no way ready for a trip. B/f however is getting his friend with his Jimmy to come and trying to get some others. Hope no one minds the 4runner. hehe Anyway, let me know where everyone is meeting, and when. I might not be able to come down till Friday afternoon. I could get off work early, but son has school till 12. He is in summer school and can't miss any days.

9. ChevyCaGal

Ok... I'll let you know what we decide for sure...

C'mon, I know there are more of you.... let me know who is coming, and passing through Sacramento... if I know then I can plan this better... lemme know times you are leaving your area and then I can find a time to work for most people.... thanks!

10. UseYourBlinker

What time and date is this going down?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

11. ChevyCaGal

It's for those going to Hollister.... so since that is the case it'll be Friday July 13th when we meet up to caravan... the time is yet to be determind since I need to know the best times for folks and then we can try to create a caravan that'll be something we can all live with time wise....

So where are you headed from... and what time works for you?

12. UseYourBlinker

I was thinking of going...I would be coming from Fremont.

13. ChevyCaGal

Ok, looks like for now I will be caravaning with myself... yeehaw! C'mon folks, lemme know the info... it's not a must be it could be fun to march down the road together like I said....

The caravan will start (this can be changed, but I picked this for now since nobody has told me a thing yet...) in Elk Grove (Sacramento).... we will be meeting Friday, July 13th @ 8:30am (leaving the lot by 9am). As of now we will be meeting in the parking lot of Raley's grocery store in Elk Grove, CA.... It's a nice store with a Wells Fargo Bank in it. You can buy last minute food items here (has deli/hot wok/cafe). Plus if say you forget your deoderant and want friends on the trip you can buy some....

Also just to tell you there's a Napa & Kragen (1 1/2 miles) nearby to go to if you need a part. There's lots of gas stations (Arco/Shell/Chevron...etc...). There's fast food places... (Taco Bell, McDonald's, In-N-Out, Burger King...etc...). There's sit down places for those who want to get there early and enjoy a breakfast (Applebee's, Marie Callender's, Lyon's, IHOP etc...). There is also a Wal-Mart about 1 1/2 miles down the road and a Target about 3 from the store.

If you need to know where something is in relation (because there are tons of places in EG and Sacramento) to this let me know (say you want to hit a place in Sac for a part like Pep Boys) and I will get you good directions and the info you need.

So you know Elk Grove is south of Sacramento on Hwy 99. We can take Laguna from the store (west) and it runs into I-5. The store is located on E. Stockton Blvd off Hwy 99, Laguna/Bond exit. You will get off and go the Bond direction (east).... then you will turn at the light left (north) onto E. Stockton Blvd. The store will be on your right hand side... if you come to the cemetary or a church you went too far north.... if you come to a car dealership, you went south too far...

Anyhow, there you go, let me know.... I will be setting up stops for folks along I-5 in spots... let me know what exit and place where to head too.... so you know where to pick places the is the route we are taking....

From I-5/Laguna (in Elk Grove) we'll go South until we come to CA-33, then take it to CA-152, then to CA-156 into Hollister, CA......

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Clear as mud right? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

It is July 13,14 & 15. Fremont is only a hour away.....Dan

15. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

This sounds like a fun trip. Too bad thats drill weekend for me and my Blazer is still taken apart.