Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn: Rene (tRustyK5)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wy4tt, Jul 11, 2005.

1. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Could you post a pic (that I can see, not being a full member) of your roll cage? I did a search looking for pics, but could only find one of your truck. I like what I see, but would like a few different angles if you don't mind. Thanks!

2. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

go to the photo gallery and click on member gallery and type in tRustyK5 in the search bar and a bunch come up

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

that first one may be the most-frequently posted pic on ck5. ;) awesome tube work.

j

5. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Awesome, thanks Rene. That's exactly what I was lookin for. It does indeed look incredible. One question: how necessary/important are the side supports (running off the main hoop) that run beside the driver/passenger seats? I'm looking for a setup for a rig that will get a lot of use. Not really DD, but close. And those look like they might get in the way a little bit getting in and out. What are your thoughts on them? Thanks again!

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Those side bars are integral to the overall plan, which was to have the seats and seat belts all mounted to the roll cage. The side bars are part of the seat bridge...

Tripping over them hasn't been an issue, although it is slightly more awkward getting in now. I quickly got used to them being there.

Rene