Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: RockBlazer HUBS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kyle89K5, Jul 14, 2000.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Are you the guy that was talking about the factory spicer hubs? If so, how good are they?

Thanks
    Kyle
    89K5

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    IMHO the Dana(Spicer) locking hubs are very good, and very strong. I would have to rate them almost as good as the Warn locking hubs, and only because Warn has replaced my Warn locking hubs, more than 6(six) times in
    about 13-14 years. Of coruse I am comparing a brand new Dana(Spicer) locking hub, to a brand new Warn locking
    hub !
    P.s. you might have a hard time getting a brand new Dana(Spicer) locking hub, I think they stopped making them.

3. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Yes I had a little input on the hubs post. I prefer the Spicer hubs because of their overall strength. Yes they are a little "stickier" to lock and unlock but the strength is far superior. Open any box of any brand of new hubs and compare them with the Spicers. Hands down even an amature will see the difference. Yes Warn and all the others have pretty good warranties and yes the Spicers are becoming fast extinct! They do not manufacture them anymore so that sucks. However they are availiable in some junkyards err... I mean used auto parts recyling centers. For the Dana 44 or the 10 bolt you can use Chevy or Ford. Same for the Dana 60. I heard that for the 60, the 35 spline outter conversion they actually do use new Spicer style hubs. Haven't seen them live but thats what I heard.

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. That was the info I was looking for. The salvage yard has got 3 of em coming my way. I'm replacing the drive flanges on my old 44 and they are the only ones that will fit. You guys got any pics. I still haven't seen what they look like, and my curiosity is KILLING me.

Thanks again
    Kyle
    89K5