Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: Shawn Spickler (OR.C)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Corey-88K5, Jun 5, 2000.

1. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    My post about "Electirc Vs. Hydraulic: Every thing OR.C wouldn't let me tell you..." This wasn't ment as a slam against all the work that Shawn has put into the site OR OR.C directly. The post was directed at the benefits of electirc over hydraulic and that I couldn't post because of marketing. Shawn, please accecpt my apology. You are one of the most outstanding people I know. You, Steve & I started this whole mess not all that long ago. I still remember that and always will.

Corey
    88K5
    (formerly of OR.C/chevy)

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Don't worry about it Corey. I didn't mean to get anal about that but I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. It is a catchy title though. Similar to those books like- "Things the Government Doesn't Want You to Know". We should do a head to head comparison between the two winches. I'm supposed to be doing a head to head between Warn and Mile Marker hubs. Mile Marker was upset when they saw their old hubs pictured in the Dana 60 article and all I said is "The old hubs were trashed so a new set of Warns were purchased". Didn't even mention Mile Markers name in the article and they flew off the handle. Just to be fair, we told them we would do a comparison between the 2 brands. Gotta love this business...

Shawn
    http://www.off-road.com/chevy

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Great to see you guys don't let this Company vs. Company bs stand in the way of your friendship!!!
    Friends are a valueable part of life!!
    I still say Go Electric, heeheheee[​IMG]
    Later

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Don't feel bad, I don't even think Warn or Mile Marker have even heard of ColoradoK5.com - YET [​IMG]

Steve

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Shawn,

When you decide to do your comparo of the two hubs, let me know. I will happilly send you what's left of one of my MileMarkers for a paperweight. Be sure to include ease of install when comparing them. And GAWD HELP YA on the MM. I lost track of the snaprings I had to pull to get the thing off.

Kyle
    89K5

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I know this post was originally pointed towards shawn, but I wanted to throw in that I have really enjoyed the changes that took place at OR.C/chevy in the last several months. Corey, hate to see you leave, I was looking forward to the 14-bolt semi install. I know that the politics involved with anything can cause a fun and enjoyable job to get sour, I hate that this happened in this instance.

Let us know when you website has got that buildup ready.

Kyle
    89K5

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Kyle-
    You're not the first that has complained about the Mile Marker hubs. The installation process will be reviewed and noted. I haven't heard from Mile Marker yet so it may not even happen.

I really enjoy Coreys articles and I don't want to see him go either. I think he should stay with ORC but thats Coreys decision.

Shawn

8. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Kyle89K5,

I'm going to continue to write and I'm sure that OR.C will end up with a bunch of the information. As well as CK5 & my site...

Oh, and I may be putting my rearend here this week. Just as soon as it quits raining so I can ride my bike.

I've decided to not do spring perches like Depdogs. There are to many parts that my go wrong. I"m just going to use the stock perches & taller springs. You know that they will be aligned properly and perfect.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez