Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn Skaters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Oct 3, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Wassup. :D I used to skate along time ago, hardcore slappy grinds, wax that curb in front of burger king , frontside hurricanes until the sun went down. :D

Where are the old long skateboards at man? It was when they changed from the big boards that i ,,,, got a job lol :D Havent skated since. :crazy:

If have to say, i think the most fun I can ever recall those 8 yrs of boarding we did. :D

I want to get an old shool Steve Douglas board, with some wide Thunder trucks, like an old shool board, anyone know where to get those at? I was thinking of skating with the boys when they get older. :grin: :saweet:

I remember skating with eric dressen and ricky windsor back in the day :D

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Don't do it man!!

You'll fall on your butt, prolly crack your tailbone and embarass yourself to boot.

Ask me how I know. :haha:

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dressen freakin rips...

i'm not overly familiar with those late 80's, early 90's decks but i have a few connections and will check around per the pm....

i was supposed to go skate FDR in Philly sunday but shredded my elbow at work friday and had to cancel...

Ryoken - gonna retire, move to Oregon and skate all the killer crete parks they've built out there till my knees fall apart...
    [​IMG]

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I remember when the boards used to be baords man, i can skate on these new things there selling today :crazy: :D

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

This is a freind of mine, i can get all od his boards for FREE at the drop of a hat :D ,,but there all the new school boards :haha: i went to highschool with the kid :D

[​IMG]

6. ryoken

"some" of my quiver... ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah!,, I see the Suicidal Board in there :D What about the Natas Caupas man?????? I remember the alvas...and that sims was the **** when it came out,,,, ha ha, the old sims , :D

The boards i like are 90s boards, but i went through those too when i first started , i remember mostly all of them man , cool~! :D :

It was when the time when side rails were faiding out, and they just left them off , that was the era i stopped.Theve all tried to pull me back in, but i had to work :haha:

Remember when the started losing the side rails??? :D

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Steel wheels and skinned forearms, death wobble road rash.

Crazy days of youth. :saweet:

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

HEY RYOKEN!!!!!!! :D

I started thinking lately,,,,,

"Whatever happened to "fun" man?"

Is it still fun???? Like it used to be bro? :D

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Sounds like ya had a bananna board :haha: :D j/k

11. ryoken

i've got most of Natas's video stuff, pretty much all the Santa Cruz vids... definitely ripped and ahead of his time...

i wasn't huge into street.. i remember the early days with him, Gonz, etc.. not that i have anything against street.. have a huge appreciation for the new kids skills, but my knees are way too shot for the learning curve and slams of learning kickflips.. i'll stick to wrecking coping... ;)

the early 90's street guys where inovators.. i have all the early Plan-B, H-street, etc vids and love watching them flip bigger boards with some shape.. as a vert guy i hated the tiny wheels tho...

actually that early 90's era was when i was strictly skating my buds 1/2 pipe and totally not following what scene there was.. very dead time in skating... which most of the time has produced some of the most hardcore and innovative skating... pretty much 83ish thru 93ish was like that..

here's a lein air from me on a buds mini during that late 80's timeframe.. still running rails here and there, but yeah, they where fading out... haha, you shoulda been around for the late 70's when we ran lappers and copers...
    [​IMG]

12. ryoken

well, for an ole dog like me, thats all its about anymore.. for quite along time now... when i was sponsored as a teen and skating contests, it kinda lost that a little.. didn't realize it at the time, but when skating fell off the radar, all the parks closed and it was me and hardcore friends building ramps in the woods, yeah, it got fun again...

i quit for a little some years back from all the surgeries and when i started up again, that first grind was nearly orgasmic... giggled like a friggin schoolgirl..

most people have no comprehension of the feeling... thats ok tho as long as i know... :D i've played just about every sport you can think of and nothing compares in difficulty or thrills... not even close....

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

In the late 70s, i was 4 yrs old :haha:

I sure would like one of those old steve douglas board tho, if you ever run across one let me know!BTW, NICE AIR!!! :D I was the opposite , i liked street stuff mainly, running in packs :D My fav was hauling ass on a street, and hitting the launch ramp, :D slappy grinds :D and wow that was along time ago. :D Not really half pipe stuff. I built a half pipe in our old ghetto house we had :haha: i talked my mom into it :haha: that was cool, a little 2 footer :D

I really do miss that sport man, in between tha fam, and the Co theres little time really. :crazy: Sure would be nice to jump on an old Steve Douglas Board, with some thunder trucks , and screw around. :D

Its funny really, i liked that Natas guy so much when i was kid, i called 411 and got his info, and he sent me a signed sticker and some stuff, i still got it. :D

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I understand man, COMPLETLY, really i do. Theres nothing like the feeling hauling ass at a curb :D and grinding it all the way down until the sparks fly :D I think im just going to get a board from my buddy, if i cant find the Douglas board :D Just anything, i miss it man. Its funny really, the freinds i have that do it professionally, HAVE To do it. To make a living :crazy:

Witch kills the fun factor i think. But still i really miss it, im gonna go make a phone call tomorrow, and get back on a board again. :D

15. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

you old guys are getting me depresed. i ride bmx, i dont skate, but lately ive been riding less and less becasue of work. i couldnt imagine not riding at all. heres a picture from a few weeks ago.

greenportsmall.JPG

16. ryoken

i'm not surprised that you where into street, it had been heading in that direction for some time.. dinosaurs like me from the Dogtown days where a dieing breed at that point..

reliving your youth can be a great thing.... skating is the one aspect of my life that hasn't changed in all my years.. lots of other things have, but that will always be in my soul...

honestly, don't feel silly about riding if you get the itch.. i have tons of friends in Cali that have gotten back into it, belly and all.. ;) just take it real slow and take care... i'd recommend some wrist gaurds... just go to some outta the way tennis court or something and dork around... you'l find its fun just cruising around doing some tic-tacs... :saweet:

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Do you ever feel like them damn rollerbladers should just get the HELL out of the way??? :confused: :D :haha: Yeah were old man, enjoy this time man, as it wont ever be the same :D

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

You guys were the ones we used to follow around to the get the info on where all of those empty pools were at :haha:

19. ryoken

nice air... :D

old in the bones, young in heart... quite proud that i still hit pools after 40...

ah, you bmx guys... :doah: i used to toy around in the pools on my Redline back in the early 80's... radical, was easier than skating, but man, the slams where BRUTAL.. worse than skating the majority of the time...

and, be nice to our coping! ;) big issue for alot of skaters.. i've never had an issue with bikes, maybe cuz i was around for the beginning with Haro and stuff.. but alot of skaters get annoyed with bikes wrecking coping...

love watching the bike vert guys... not into the style of rodeoflips much, but man i dig tailwhips! :D

20. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

my mom got rid of my ron allen not to long ago and i flipped. she said "you havent riden it in years". ya but it was my reminder.lol