Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

attn: Steve at COK5 (in cab adjuster install)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGRIG, Dec 6, 2000.

1. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Hey I noticed in the shock tech. that you were going to put on the in cab adjuster next. I figured Id put in my $.02
    I ran all the plastic airlines in steel brake lines like you get at the parts store, down the length of the frame,Thus no lines to get snagged on tree branches, brush, etc.etc. also looks very clean. I also turned my shocks upside down so that the line was only 3" long or so from the shock to the frame. For looks and protection I used stainless hose braid(1-6' package does) and some 15/32 rubber line. Ran the air line in the rubber hose then put steel braid over hose and ran to frame.In the frame hole I mounted a steel line compression fitting and when screwed down holds line in place. I will try to get some pics.

Not telling ya how to do it, just some ideas.
    Good luck

Chris
    84k5

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM!

2. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Hello Rig,

I was quite dissapointed with how cheap the fittings and tubings are for this product.

Help me understand what you did.

First, what did you do for the fittings. Did you do the plastic caps included, or something else.

Did you run the red tubing w/in the brake line, or just run brake-line as the air line. If so, what did you do for fittings?

Thanks,

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Thank's BIGRIG, those are good ideas.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    1990 K5 with stuff

4. tom

tom 1/2 ton status

Bigrig, is the in-cab adjustment feature worth having? Do you find that you use it a lot? I've been considering it, but wondering if it is worth the effort.
    Thanks

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Tom, the incab controller is definately worth it to me. I can adjust it anytime, while on the fly. If I get to some searious twisty road, I turn the setting up higher to reduce body roll. Etc, etc. Anyways, I think it is worth having. You can take a look at my install at my website. Just click on the "Mods" section and scroll down till you see the article write up for it. Very easy to install, but a little expensive.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

6. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

79Guy

What I did was used all original hardware but ran them inside 3/8" steel brake line like you get at the parts store. Just for added protection I done this and ran the brake line inside the frame so it couldn't get snagged.

The compression fittings in the frame are just for looks. I ran a stainless braid outer/rubber hose middle/then the plastic line inside for 1)looks and 2)protection. I ran this combo from the shock outlet to the hole in the frame(compression fitting) so that the lines were short and not running around the frame in the open.

Like I said I will try to get some pics asap.

Chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM!