Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: STOLEN TRUCK! HELP!!! (FOUND IT!)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OrangeCrushK10, Nov 22, 2003.

1. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Yup, truck has been stolen it seems. Odds are it went straight to a chop shop and is already dead, but if all you Colorado guys could keep an eye out for it I'd be really indebted.

It's a 1980 Chevy K10 (Fullsize Short Bed 4x4). Bright Orange with very slight outlines of where State numbers and a door sticker used to be from when it was a state owned vehicle.

Identifying marks would be Dented all over and missing it's grille, dual exhaust with red glasspacks that end right after the cab, 3" body lift and 350 small block when the truck's engine ID tag says it's a 6-cyl. Also Tailgate has only one brace on it, the passenger side brace is bent inwards and non-functional. It also has a "Where the Heck is Wal-Drug?" sticker on the rear bumper (hate that sticker) and the front bumper it bent inward from an accident I got into earlier in the year.

Lic. plate is "303-FDW"

Truck doesn't run, so it probably won't be on the road. It has no battery and it's clutch is completely destroyed. No way it'll move under it's own power without A LOT of work.

If anyone sees it anywhere please let me know. My email is "Nick_Denver@roadfly.org" or I can be reached at (720)273-3209.

I miss my truck, so any hope of getting it back is worth going after....

Thank you,
    ~Nick Beckius

2. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

Re: ATTN: STOLEN TRUCK! HELP!!!

Ouch that sux, Not trying to be a smart A$$ but, how did it get stolen if it didnt even run? Should be witness somewhere who saw an orange truck being towed or trailered out.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Have you called the police impound? A neighbor may have called since it was out of commission. Piss any neighbors off lately /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. OrangeCrushK10

No offense taken, I've personally been wondering that all day. Going to go around tomorrow or the day after asking neighbors and local impound lots to see if they know anything.

As incredibly junky and obnoxious as it was, I had really grown fond of that truck... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I went to the police this morning to see if they had towed it, but they have no record of doing such. Going back tomorrow to report it stolen.

5. OrangeCrushK10

Well, guess on the bright side I could replace it with the K5 my dad has for sale. Probably won't be able to drive in the Toys for Tots drive, though I'll try and make it anyways.

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

and you wouldn't have been able to drive the missing truck either so you're still not missing anything /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. OrangeCrushK10

Actually I had planned on buying the parts and fixing it this week. Maybe if it turns up I still will.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd call all the tow companys in your area. Alot of them have thier own impound yard. Did you have insurence ??

9. OrangeCrushK10

No insurance on it. It wasn't running so I decided to save the extra $200 a month.

As far as Towing companies, they have to contact the city and report that it's been towed. The city has no record of it being towed.

I'm still gonna cal the local impound lots, just incase they screwed up the paperwork.

10. OrangeCrushK10

YAY... kinda....

Found my truck! Turns out the impound lot had it the whole time. Someone stole the plates from it and the city towed it, bu since it didn't have plates they didn't know who to contact (Guess looking up the VIN didn't occur to them).

I have to pay $125 to get it out of impound, but atleast I got it back!
    /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: YAY... kinda....

If it has plates and was wrongly impounded, can't you get it back free?

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where was it towed from ??? Was it parked in your driveway or yard, or was it parked on the streets. I'd also look into the plates being stolden off it if you can't get them to release it to you at no cost. It wasn't your fault. Arn't they suposta put a sticker on it giving you 48 hours befor they tow ???

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i had the same thing happen to me and my parts truck.the city towed it because it had no plates.then they could find no record of it being towed.they put a sticker on it,but it was on the opposite side that was to the road and there was no windshield so it was not obvious to me that it was gonna get towed.i got it back for 35 dollars and since it was a mixup at the police station they didnt make me pay storage fees of anether 35 dollars.glad you got yours back.

15. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Yea... I would try to fight the tow fee, just because you did nothing wrong. BTW how are you gonna get it back home do you have a trailer?

16. OrangeCrushK10

I just paid the fee and stuck it in my dad's garage to work on it (Next place I live WILL have a garage).

I told the towing company my dilemma and they said I could try and fight it, but I just decided that I was happy to get the truck back and would rather just put this whole mess behind me.

Plus, now I can get the truck running and take it to the Toys for Tots run! All in all, today has been a really good day!