Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attn thatk30guy..i found a one ton i am interested in and..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chaz88K5, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well today i found a one ton dulley short bed reg cab..its a 86 with a 4 speed 2 wheel drive...the mileage at 177,000 there is no bed just bare frame on the back..in side looks ok..needs to be cleaned up a little..body is in good shape..paint is chiped in a few places but overall not a bad lookin truck..what do you think something like this would be worth.. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Lookin at a tow rig?

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

yea and turn it into a daily driver /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

how does it run and what motor is in it? Hows the interior?

5. FRIZZLEFRY

Im doing it backwards.Im looking at having a trailer built.If I can swing it Im gonna start looking for a tow rig/DD /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well according to the guy that owns it he said it runs good..but should prob figure in a rebuild into the cost..the inside is decent..no holes in the seats...the carpet needs to be replaced..but thats no biggie..and the dash looks ok..one small crack in the normal spot above the gauges..

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

yea i did it backward too...i bought a trailer without having a tow rig..i really wish i dident buy it...the only truck we have hauled on it was that bronco i brought to blazer fest last year..and a wrecked camaro i bought..so basicly after owning it for over a year it has been used maybe a total of 10 times...at most /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

8. FRIZZLEFRY

Im talking to a guy that has a Dodge 1 ton,diesel,2x, dualy, short bed/flat bed.Its got a new tranny and he maintains it very well.Its a realy clean truck but I dont realy know if I want a Dodge.

9. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i would try to find a superduty ford if you can afford it...thats what i want but its way way way out of my budget /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. FRIZZLEFRY

I would realy like to get an early to mid 90s gas F250 or 350 extra cab 2x.I still have my EEC tester and all my E4OD trans tools /forums/images/icons/grin.gif The Dodge is nice but I dont know nuttin about them.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Chazz, I can't say what this truck is worth unless I could actually stand by the truck and inspect it personally.

BTW, all vehicles, regardless of how well they look and run, will always have different prices. One truck that is a POS may cost more than another similiar truck that is in pristine condition and is cheaper than the POS truck.

I am also not familiar with 2wd trucks that much. But from what you explained about this '86, and the fact it has no bed, I could probably guess around $1500 since it's a 2wd and dually. Maybe less, maybe more, I can't really say unless I see it. If you could post a picture of it, I could guess better. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

that sounds about right...the guy is askin 2300 for it..ill see if i can borrow a digital camera from work since mine broke... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

13. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You said it is a "one ton dulley short bed reg cab"...and..."there is no bed just bare frame on the back". The short wheel base look can be an illusion because it doesn't have a bed on it but beware, it may also be a cab-chassis truck. If it is a cab-chassis you may not be able to put a bed on it (due to either different frame shape or odd size wheel base).

Don't mean to knock the truck (I wish I had a dually!), I just wanted to bring this up in case you intended to put a bed on it later.

14. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

it must be a cab and chassie...because i dident see any mounts for a bed...but i had planned on building a flat bed with a 5th wheel hook up on it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If it was a cab-chassis wouldn't the axle be narrowed so that the tires tuck up under the flat bed, utility bed etc, and the tires wouldn't bulge out like a regular dually but be in line with the rest of the truck. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

16. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

You can put a bed on a cab and chassis, you just have to "tub" the wheel wells to clear the tires.

17. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Actually, it depends on *which* c&c. They make different rail lengths from around 6' up to 14' or so behind the cab from the factory (not sure, just guessing). I had a 12' footer that I cut, lengthened, and build a 2 car dove tail hauler out of. It's entirely possible to take *any* c&c and put a bed on it, but you'll likely have to do some fab work. Even if you get lucky on length and axle location, the c&c frame is likely not going to be shaped like a normal frame (I know the long ones are not) so you will need some spacer/adapter brackets added on.

18. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

the wheels do stick out behond where the bed sides would be..