Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN those w/Bestop Tigertops

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Dec 5, 2005.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Is there anyway you guys can measure the rear bows that are used and possibly the take some pics of them and the bracket with the bows installed? Also, could you take some pics of the inside showing the bows from a couple different angles?

I would really appreciate it.

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

you wanna borrow my bows and brackets to set yours up? My top won't be back on the blazer for a while, you're more than welcome to borrow to figure it out

KP

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Well I was going to post a link the write up I found when I installed mine.. :D very extensive

It had tons of Pics too but It looks like yours Kyle :doah: so I'l let you have the honors

BTW the 2 drills suggestion was a stroke of genious :bow:

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

LOL, yea, I forget that I did that :D

Post it up if you want :) I can't find the link anymore :blush:

Glad somebody got something out of that article :D The 2 drills idea was more of a must have by the time you get done drilling, that's a LOT of holes LOL!

KP

5. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Kyle

That would be great. When are you available? I work downtown close to your building so maybe we could meet up after work one day?

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm here all week bro. I know right where the stuff is for a change too LOL!

I'll load em up and have em in the Jeep for you.

Did I ever get you the price on the replacement bow's and brackets from Bestop? I would almost say to get the brackets at least, those little things might be tricky to duplicate. They aren't anything fancy, just not normal...

KP

8. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. If you could bring them tomorrow, I would appreciate it. I think you quoted me $100 for the replacement bows and whatnot. I called them yesterday and she gave me a price of $56 and some change for each side. I asked if that was bows and all and she said yes, so I assume that is correct. Yeah I looked at your pics on your writeup and was just wanting to look at one first hand and possibly see if they can be duplicated with the misc steel laying in the shop.

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

The hoops would be easy, conduit is all it is ;) The brackets, COULD be made, especially if you've got some scrap angle laying around.

I'll dig em out and bring em in. Give me a call tomorrow 918.808.4576 and we'll set up a time.

KP

10. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yeah from the pics it looks to be light weight tubing. Thanks man, I'll give you a call tomorrow.