Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTN: Where can I get a driver side U-bolt plate w/ swaybar mount?!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77K5Blazer, May 22, 2002.

1. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well the other day I looked under the blazer, and Low and Behold, that biotch of a U-bolt plate had sheared off at the front right ear. I was amazed...I'm now wondering what caused it. Anyways, anyone know of where I can get one?! TIA!
    Later...Allan

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hey Allan,

How goes it? You been following the PNW board? Got a membership card for you - PM me your address so I can mail it.

First off, I have been running without a sway bar for three months now...........and noticed very little difference. Is it sheared off there, where the swaybar mounted? If so, you can go without the sway bar (actually you have been if it's sheared there) or call around to junkyards for a replacement plate. Should be plentiful for a D44 or 10 bolt. Otherwise you can check out www.boyceequipment.com for their phone number and see their price or call a dealership.

If it's not by the swaybar it sounds dangerous.

Let us know where exactly it is.

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

My 72 never had one from GM i added it but it gone now so how many of the plates do you want?

4. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

My bad frank, I was in a hurry to post that, cause had a fire call that I had to run to. Umm...the ubolt actually sheared off the corner of the damn plate and I just have one u-bolt attached to that side of the axle. I would love to find one soon, cause she's parked till I do...thanks for the help.

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Bummer Dude. Don't you hate it when stuff breaks and you don't even find out 'til later?

I have a spare from a 1979 K10 sitting in my shed you can have ... wait .. I need at least $1.50 for it to buy my son a chocolate milk! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I may be driving down to your neck of the woods this weekend, I could drop it off. Or if you want to reimburse me for shipping I'd be happy to send it to you.

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ouch..........never heard of that happening before! Hope you can get with Goober soon.

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Your u-bolt plate is in the mail!

I hope you get it in time to go wheeling this weekend! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif