Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATV questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Janitorjim8, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

just picked up a newer 90cc Quad from my friend for 100 bucks:D:D He said he did not want to take the time to get it running right. It was a fuel delivery problem i think so i changed the filter and got it running- now it will run fine at half throttle all day but when i go to hit it, it bogs down and feels like it wants to die- maybe a carb problem? like adjust the float or something?

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

check the reeds. also pull the carb off and just give it a quick cleaning. could be a clogged jet or something.

3. Janitorjim8

what are the reeds?

4. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Reeds are for 2-smokes. I would assume its the Honda 90? I got one in my shed too :D Definately clean the carb. If you want some help i know a good amount about quads, pm or im me for my number. If you get it running we'll have to have some wheelie competitions.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the slightest piece of dirt will plug a jet up and give this problem. pull the carb and clean it out. ;)

6. NEVERENOUGH

NEVERENOUGH Registered Member

If it has set for any amount of time the carb will varnish. Pull it apart and clean the main and pilot jet. This is very simple to do and one it is apart on the bench you will notice the two jets. Clean the air filter and put it a new plug also. One other thing to be safe change the oil and if it has a filter and then have fun.

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

How about a little more info on the quad? Year, make, model? This way we can give you all the info that you need? Before I would tear into the carb start simple (air filter) and work your way to the more complex items like the carb.

8. Janitorjim8

its a newer 90cc Helix Dinli (cheap chinese stuff) 2 stroke. Ive changed the fuel filter, so next im gonna do plugs and pull the air cleaner off

9. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Like stated above the two stroke does have reeds but they usually last a while in the smaller bikes. Also if you haven't already fresh fuel would be a good idea. Keep us updated.