Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auburn Posi bearing race ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Dec 2, 2001.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

The Auburn Posi units come with specially sized bearings and races than are not interchangable with the stock bearings. I ran into a little problem where my races got lost to the posi unit I had sitting in the garage.
    I'm calling Aubrun tomorrow for that number, but in the meantime do any of you have this race part number written on your scratch pad there next to your monitor?
    I know I can match them to the bearings but the bearings are already pressed on and usually dont survive the removal process.

But honey, this is the last thing I need to get for the Jimmy....?!?!?!?!?!?[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

What? You all dont write numbers down on your monitor's? LMFAO!!!! My wife loves that!

But honey, this is the last thing I need to get for the Jimmy....?!?!?!?!?!?[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I cant read it for the grease smudge...Didn't notice that the bearings and races were different. Just took them out of the install kit and put it together and installed it. FYI- It will pop in turns.

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
  5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, Wheels I have the pro series and it requires a different bearing.
    The part number is LM102911.

Got it all together today and test drove. [​IMG]
    It deffinately tries to straighten out the steering wheel when you give it gas (being as I installed it up front)
    And yes Executioner, I got the bearing preload correct. [​IMG]

6. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I 'll write that down if I need it later on. Hopefully not. Had enough gear work to last for a long time.