Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Audio guru help please

Discussion in 'Audio' started by CaptCrunch, Mar 23, 2001.

1. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Ok I went to the RF page and dug up this funk looking chart...can anyone tell me basically what it is saying... Not very good at all the audio stuff. I can tell it says 1.25 cu. ft box...
    [​IMG]
    Also am running a 12" RF DVC... have heard they are supost to be in a sealed box... although RF has specs for a ported box... What do you guys think? I know the ported is usually better, but remeber hearing a few times that dvc's do much better in a sealed box. Thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

That is basically just showing you the frequency response of that sub in a 1.25 foot box. It looks good. Flat response and a "3 db downpoint" around 43 Hz. Meaning that your DVC should sound pretty good in a box like that.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Ok... cool. The other thing I'm looking at is if Im building a boxt to go over the wheel well and take the side panels off and whatnot... how should I point the sub... would angling it a touch up, down, toward frt or rear of truck do much for the sound... or is firing sideways good enough?

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The lower the frequency gets, the more non-directional it becomes. Think about it. If you close you're eyes in your car you can pretty much tell where the mids and tweets are coming from. But you can't really do that with a sub. So it doesn't matter at all if its angled or not, you'd never hear the difference.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad