Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

audio system finished! new pics!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tightwork 82 K5, Mar 2, 2002.

1. tightwork 82 K5

tightwork 82 K5 Registered Member

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/tightwork>clickable for the lazy</a>

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Well.......How does it SOUND????? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

That's the true test.

Also, out of curiosity....that hole in the middle of the raised floor is for the amp, correct? Is there an additional reason why you raised the floor (tool storage, etc) besides making room for the amp? It seems like a LOT of work, so I was just curious....

Looks like a clean installation, and my GUESS is that it does sound GOOD! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. tightwork 82 K5

tightwork 82 K5 Registered Member

sound is great , bass has a smoth mellow rumble to it nice and clean ! now I have to track down all the lose rattlin parts in the truck! The floor was real easy just some ply wood and 1x4 's for added space. wanted the amp and wires outa the way and I can throw anything on top of it and not worry about shorts or heat problems. whole project took 2 days had to start from scratch, previous owner striped everthing out. need to make a plate for the head unit the plastic is cracked there any ideas?

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Mine was the same reason by in 97 when I did it. I wanted my storage capability, theftproof design, and everything protected. I have a false cover over mine for further protection. I have put 500lbs on my tray and it is still fine. I did build everything out of brich as it is denser and lighter than mdf. saved on Blazer sag issues. oh YES and rattles um UGH I still have a couple