Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Audiobahn AW1206T??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by XHitman396, Jan 31, 2004.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

well ive had the 2 kenwood 12's in the bandpass in the back of the k5 for over a year now, and with the added tool box from christmas ive decided, its just too big. so a buddy of mine had one of these subs (audiobahn AW1206T 12") for like a week then he had to sell it, but he said it kicked some ass, so i was thinkin of swappin out the old 12's for this one, powered by 2 kenwood 600 watt amps, 300 rms, one on each voice coil, now that i think about it, i may do a crossover; im pretty set on doin this since i can get the subs 1/2 off and have everything else but the box, so what's ya'lls opinion on this thing? and 2nd, what box, most i see for one 12 is a single sealed or bandpass, few ported. but which is best, i want ACCURACY, i mainly listen to rock, and with the perfect bass, disturbed and saliva sounds awesome, so is a ported or bandpass better, thanks for all your help, sorry this is sorta long....

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For "ACCURACY", I would think you'd want a sealed box.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sealed for accuracy.....PERIOD.

Multi-Order boxes.....ported, bandpass, etc. Are boxes designed to increase the OUTPUT of a sub at a specific "tuning" frequency, and typically at the expense of almost everything else. Ported boxes are OK, but they do create a bump in output that is non-linear. Bandpass boxes tend to REALLY exaggerate some bass frquencies, but they play LOUD!!!

If you truly want accurate sound, build a sealed box and feed the speakers as much power as you can.... sealed boxes aren't as efficient so they will always require more power to sound as loud as the multi-order boxes will.

4. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Multi-Order boxes.....ported, bandpass, etc. Are boxes designed to increase the OUTPUT of a sub at a specific "tuning" frequency, and typically at the expense of almost everything else. Ported boxes are OK, but they do create a bump in output that is non-linear. Bandpass boxes tend to REALLY exaggerate some bass frquencies, but they play LOUD!!!

If you truly want accurate sound, build a sealed box and feed the speakers as much power as you can.... sealed boxes aren't as efficient so they will always require more power to sound as loud as the multi-order boxes will.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif