Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Audiobahn Subs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zcarczar, Mar 4, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I Think im going to buy these Audiobahn subs i found, model number ALUM12X, i was going to buy two, but after looking at amps, can i run a 1 channel mono high RMS wattage amp to run 2 subs, or do i need a 2 channel amp, and how would i wire these things to hook them up, i would appreciate it if i could get a response or two fairly quickly since im going to try and order them tommorrow
    Thanks

2. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Well, it depends on the amps. If you have a mono amp stable to 1 ohm, you can run two Alum's for a 1.5ohm load. Gonna have to get a nice big amp if you really want those puppies to pound. Alums are listed as 3 or 12 ohm on the catalog I'm looking at so I'm assuming they mean there are two 6ohm coils. You could run them coils in parallel one driver per channel on a 2 ohm stable 2 channel amp as well. Probably save some bucks. Again, be sure to get a nice beefy amp as these subs take alot of power. They sound pretty nice though.

Speaking of Audiobahn subs, I saw Audiobahn's AWT-34 34" 5000w subwoofer at Hot Import Nights. Damn. It'd make a nice M&M bowl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Of course, at $2500 that'd be an expensive bowl hehe.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info, i just got done ordering 2 of the 12's, i cannot wait to get them and have them put in after my trucks out of the body shop