Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aug. 19 & 20 Rocky Run Trails in VA Run!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Jun 28, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

For anyone in the MD, VA area or anyone else that is interested in meeting and wheeling with other ColoradoK5 members, I and Mudfrog are planning a trip to the Rocky Run Trails in BridgeWater, VA on Aug. 19 & 20. Camping is optional. I myself will be camping out just b/c its about a 2 1/2 hr drive for me and plus I just feel like it. If anyone is interested, please email me at " theboss@98rockmail.com " (if someone knows how to make that clickable, please do). Anyways, here is a website that describes the trail a little and give directions to the trail also. http://www.4wdriver.com/regions/region6/index.html (could someone please make that clickable also). So, for those who are interested, get your trucks geared up and ready to rock by Aug. 19! Hope to hear from yall.
    Boss
    ps, to interested people, please reply to this post to keep it fresh also. Thanks

2. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

4. Boss

Thanks 82Jimmy, I need to learn how to do that one day.
    Boss

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well obviously I'm in [​IMG]

89 K5 Silverado

7. Boss

Move this to the top. hehehe.
    Boss

8. Boss

Looking for:
    Mr. Red
    78K5
    Johhny Reb
    Jimmy Buffet
    Wingnutt
    1Tuff89
    Yall are from VA, Just wondering if yall are still interested in getting together to have some fun and meet one another?
    Boss

9. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Have to look @ the budget. Sounds like fun. Know what that means don't yah.... WIFE ALERT WIFE ALERT WIFE ALERT......

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

10. Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett Registered Member

Interested, I'm in Eastern NC. Where is the trail located in VA (roughly)? Just trying to find out how long it's going to take me to get there. Something was said about camping, how many are camping? Sounds like a good time. Hope to hear on some details!
    Later,
    ><(///)">

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

It's about an hour and a half outside of Roanoke (north of roanoke). If you need any more details email me or Boss.

89 K5 Silverado

12. Boss

13. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Hey, Boss. The trip sounds like fun. I really haven't done much off-roading since hunting season ended, but would like to do it more. I will definitely let you know about the trip. I checked out the 4wdriver website and got a lot of info. from it. Looks like fun. I'm thinking the actual trails aren't too far from Massanutten Resorts!? I'm familiar with the area. I think JMU is around there as well. Anyway, later.

Chevy's RULE!

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

JMU is in the heart of Harrisonburg so I'm guessing the trail is maybe 30 min. from there.

89 K5 Silverado

15. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Hey, Buffett. I live in Richmond, VA, but see you live in NC. I travel to Goldsboro three to four times a year to see my outlaws, I mean my in-laws. Where abouts do you live. I saw you mentioned Eastern, NC, but just wandering. I usually don't get to do any wheeling in NC, just go to visit and check out all the deer my wife's uncle has killed - legally and illegally.

Chevy's RULE!

16. Boss

I used to live in HighPoint, NC. Very far from the Eastern Shore thuogh. I went to school there for 4 years and stayed down there till I was done. Love that state. Nothing beats boozin and cruizin on the beach at Wilmington.
    Boss

17. Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett Registered Member

I live in G-Vegas. Greenville, NC for the tourists. Home of East Carolina University and many, let me stress, many FINE college women. I do most of my wheeling scarin' the piss out of foreigners, and myself, on the beaches of the Outer Banks. There are some off-road trails, nothing techincal, just muddy and off-road. Rarely get to go "four wheelin". I'm interested in this trip. I really want to see how well I can drive on something w/ some difficulty. Anyone who ever wants to go to the beach and wheel and fish and surf and swim and well you get the idea give me a shout. We'll have a beach run or something!

18. Boss

Alright man, glad to hear you're definately interested. I'll keep you posted. Mudfrog is suppose to be going up there sometime soon to scout it out and find a good meetin place for us. I'm assuming yall are interested in camping? Let me know and I'll see if I can or have to reserve a spot.
    Boss

19. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I might not be able to camp, my wife starts back to school the following Monday, and she's already hassling me about going period [​IMG]

89 K5 Silverado

20. Boss

You should just bring her along and say "See, we're spending quality time together before you go back to school." ahha
    Boss