Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

aussie lockers/good or bad?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by only 31s, Dec 20, 2004.

1. only 31s

only 31s 1/2 ton status

i need an inexpensive locker for d44. ive read info on these and like what the techs say ,but i cant seem to find anybodys personal xperi with them.can u guys help me w/this

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I know that 87GMCJimmy runs one in his D44 front axle. I have run a couple trails with him and it seams to work just fine. He would know more though.

I personally run a Lockright in my 10 bolt front and it works well for me, and the price is usually pretty good.

Harley

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

They are almost identicle to a lockright or EZ-locker. There is also 4WPW quick loc which is another cheap locker. I don't know anybody that has them but PBB has a full write up on them in their 'yota forum.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You know someone who runs it. Mike (87GMCJimmy) with the blue and white K5 we ran Raw Deal and Lower Term with. :doah:

Harley

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I realized that after I hit submit and reread your post. I know mike, nice guy, awsome vortec in clean blazer.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I can't say anything about the Aussie locker , they don't make one for my rear ( they answered my e-mail saying soon ) . I can say something about these lockers in general though ( lunchbox lockers ) as I have a Detroit EZ / GG Quic Loc . In a front application they are really good , in a rear application you need a good carrier and new thrust washers , and then you need to watch your tire pressure , you need to keep them close on the street , on the trail it doesn't matter . I have installed locker in a d44 for k5redneck , you need to remove the ring gear in some d44's because the ring gear keeps the pin from coming out :xmas: