Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Austin vs. Goldberg to happen

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Sep 19, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

off www.lordsofpain.net

Lately, all indications are that Steve Austin has no intention whatsoever of returning to a WWE ring. This doesn’t come to much of a surprise when looking at how badly Vince McMahon and the rest of the WWE seemingly buried Austin's character after he left.

With that said, Austin will likely still appear on at least one final PPV match which, rest assured, will not take place during a WWE event. Bill Goldberg and Steve Austin have been talking for the past few years about promoting their first match against each other on their own. To many, if not all fans, this is a dream match that many have been wishing to take place and both men certainly have enough money and power to make something like this a success.

Other talks have surfaced which led to many rumors that, due to their friendship, Austin and Goldberg may even become co-owners of a new U.S. upstart promotion some day. The general feeling is that with their high name value, it will be just enough to get the exposure that they need. It may even be enough to get them a network deal. This could definitely be an option for the two if Austin can get his contract situation settled with WWE and find out what rights he has with regards to it. Take this for what you will at the moment because details are still a bit scarce.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Other talks have surfaced which led to many rumors that, due to their friendship, Austin and Goldberg may even become co-owners of a new U.S. upstart promotion some day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I'm disenchanted with wrasslin these days and the only thing I do is check up on what's going on every so often over at 1Wrestling.Com,
    last I heard Austin was a little ticked at Goldberg for the promo Bill did on him on the Tonight Show. Did they kiss and makeup? Personally, I don't think how they can pull this off because there will be no payoff. What I'm saying is that even though it would probably bring in the people by the truckload, I don't think they could have one guy get over, their egos wouldn't allow it. It would end in a "no-finish." Talk to me Eric. Oh, have I ever asked you if you had checked out APW out of Hayward? They have a website All Pro Wrestling
    I went to Halloween Hell II a couple of years ago, it was Crash Holly's last night with them. He used my chair to waylay Vic Grimes.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would love to see a new wrestling leage to compete against the WWE. Something Vince McMahon doesn't own or controle. Now after it gets going, I wouldn't mind seeing the wreslers/actors have matches involving both companys.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yeah I was kinda thinking about what you were saying Bubba. Austin and Goldberg wouldn't make that much $$ of the match. Also where could they hold it?

Also thanks for the link BRB. I've heard about it before,but never attended anything. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I've heard about it before,but never attended anything

[/ QUOTE ]
    Only went the one time, check out the website every so often, me thinks they are getting somewhat better.

Forgot to add, back a few years ago, they had a message board on AOL, and that place made POR4x4 look like Romper Room, so AOL canned the board.