Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Austin

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 8, 2000.

hey does anyone know of any trails near austin?
    the Beyond the pavement offroad park sounds cool but sh*t it sure is expensive I drive a blazer (er 2 blazers 90 and 74) not a landrover or a hummer those are the only people that can afford that kind of cash! anyway I'm waiting to hear back from those guys... If they are to be succsessful they will need to have a day pass/ weekend pass fee I think...

Jay Richey, K5s kick A@#!!!

1. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

It looks shakey to me. IF they open, I bet within a year that they'll have day passes. After that the rover boys will be scared to go. There has to be awesome wheelin in Austin. Find some gov. land, we dont get hassled up in Dallas for going to Army corp. of eng. land and do whatever we want. Hey, your not related to Bob Richey are you?

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>

2. Thanks for the info DangerB I'll try that, the county property that we used to wheel at now has no tresspassing signs all over it ,the bastards, it sucks! I dont think I am related to Bob...

3. Thanks for the info DangerB I'll try that, the county property that we used to wheel at now has no tresspassing signs all over it ,the bastards, it sucks! I dont think I am related to Bob... and I agree the landrover boys can't hang with us k5ers...

4. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

From what people have told me, there is a great place to wheel near Kingsland in the Llano River, which is about one hour west of Austin. The locals calle it the Slab, it is actually the rocky river bottom of the llano river, of course probably not usable when the river is at flood stage.

Anyways the directions that I have (I have never actually been there) are;
    (Easy to follow with a TX map) From Austin take Hgwy 71 west until 281, go North until 1431 in Marble Falls, go west on 1431 to Kingsland, and then about a mile after Kingsland take 3404 south to cross the Llano river through a low water bridge. From the low bridge up river is all open wheeling area. It seems pretty nice witha lot of rock formations and such to really test driver's skills.

Here's a link from a guy that live's in that area, look under the Slab's links for pictures.
    http://128.83.80.200/taco/

I believe there are some places inside of the city of Austin, but do not have any more specific info.
    Good luck

Javier

5. thanks Javier