Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto 4x4 Hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by istallion88k5, Aug 22, 2000.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I had all new brakes put on, new calipers, rotors, etc. I never checked before but I can only spin my front driveshaft one turn then it stops. My question is could they have messed up my auto hubs when they took them apart to do the brakes. From what I have read on previous posts you should be able to spin the front driveshaft when it is not in 4x4. When I put it in 4x4 I can't spin it at all which should be normal. What can I check to see if the hubs are the issue, and yes I will be putting manual ones in but it could be a little while before I do it.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Jack up the front end and try spinning one wheel and see if the axleshaft spins. If the axleshaft spins try holding it with a screw driver and then try spinning the tire again. You may just have a stuck hub or they could have put them back together wrong or broke them.

Both wheels should turn freely without spinning an axleshaft when the Blazer is in 2wd.

Mike
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com